Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,790 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Seemed to be goin ok when came down today
    Followed this horse a small bit a really does stay on well
    Mite give him one last go next time out
    Annoying.

Dinkum Diamond in the 3:20 at 12/1 is a decent price. One of the connections with this told me while they love the big days out they've had - they're keen to get the horse a win, even if it means dropping the horse into a lower profile race during the week. Hoping for a thundering finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭magicmoves

Annoying.

Dinkum Diamond in the 3:20 at 12/1 is a decent price. One of the connections with this told me while they love the big days out they've had - they're keen to get the horse a win, even if it means dropping the horse into a lower profile race during the week. Hoping for a thundering finish.

Great Shout

Have to love it when a race pans out completely as you expected it to :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭maximo31

Word was flying around work here yesterday for She's No Bimbo at Kempton 9.15 tonight. Don't know the source of the tip so wouldn't advise having a whole pile on it! The money does seem to be down alright though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Just got a text off a mate who usually has decent tips sayin abarta should go well tomorrow in 2nd last race in punchestown tomorrow
    Think he's 6s !! Worth a small few bob

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Just got a text off a mate who usually has decent tips sayin abarta should go well tomorrow in 2nd last race in punchestown tomorrow

Drifting like a barge on the exchanges - 10/1 on Betdaq now even with a 6/1 non-runner (Katie Do) this morning. Omens not good!

no good
    Travelled well but didn't finish his race

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

New job has me absolutely up to my tonsils have had two bets in the last two months. One of those runs again tomorrow at Dundalk and I fancy it big time after getting massive help from the handicapper. Choo choo

Doc Holliday 6.35 be disappointed if he couldnt win off a mark like this, somehow dropped 5lbs from the last day when a good third. Smashed off the boards the last twice I'd say he could go off fav tomorrow 7/2 best price at the min

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Doc Holliday 6.35 be disappointed if he couldnt win off a mark like this, somehow dropped 5lbs from the last day when a good third. Smashed off the boards the last twice I'd say he could go off fav tomorrow 7/2 best price at the min
    PC , National Service out again tonight, has been a bit of money for him.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭kalinisi

Unbelievable scenes there at Dundalk lads, 7 favs gone in , id have done my stones if i was there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Anyone watch game of thrones the imp is the spit of Choc Thornton nice retirement job.

razorhead wrote: »
    PC , National Service out again tonight, has been a bit of money for him.....
    Wouldn't be put off by that run at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,015 ✭✭✭shmeee

Supposedly a very smart type running in the bumper in Thurles today. Timmone 8/1 into 11/8 with powers. And when they can compare it to the legendary Faugheen, they must have something good. Time will tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,015 ✭✭✭shmeee

shmeee wrote: »
    Supposedly a very smart type running in the bumper in Thurles today. Timmone 8/1 into 11/8 with powers. And when they can compare it to the legendary Faugheen, they must have something good. Time will tell.

2nd to a nice Eliott horse. One to keep on side down the line

But didn't live up to the word anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Tomorrow 19:30 Dundalk 7 furlong

Both Doc Holliday and National Service lock horns

National Service ran over 7 F at Ayr on 29 Sept
    "Held up towards rear, headway on inside over 2f out, not clear run and hampered over 1f out, kept on inside final furlong"

Once more over the cliff....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

Mr E wrote: »

I saw that and I lol'd - "I was very excited so naturally I took a selfie and posted it to facebook, with the barcode in full view...." :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

CH3OH wrote: »
    Tomorrow 19:30 Dundalk 7 furlong

Both Doc Holliday and National Service lock horns

National Service ran over 7 F at Ayr on 29 Sept
    "Held up towards rear, headway on inside over 2f out, not clear run and hampered over 1f out, kept on inside final furlong"

Once more over the cliff....

Whats the big deal about this National Service? Am i missing something? He seems to be popular round here and backed everytime hes out without ever winning, he only won one race in his life and that was his debut in 2013. Surely even if he did manage to win ye will already have lost way more considering the amount of times he has lost previously?

I have watched him a good few times after hearing people backing him on here and he never even threatens to win, always out the back doing f all and then finds trouble.
    Just my thoughts unless im missing something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

I guess a few who are much better than me at spotting handicap blots think he's shown ability and handicapped to win but sort of agree, been an a little bit too much focus on him, there must be better opportunities for us to make a few quid :)

• Advertisement

akelly02 wrote: »
    Whats the big deal about this National Service? Am i missing something? He seems to be popular round here and backed everytime hes out without ever winning, he only won one race in his life and that was his debut in 2013. Surely even if he did manage to win ye will already have lost way more considering the amount of times he has lost previously?

I have watched him a good few times after hearing people backing him on here and he never even threatens to win, always out the back doing f all and then finds trouble.
    Just my thoughts unless im missing something.
    Personally I think today is the day. It stayed on well last week after being given a very tender ride. Not at all surprised to see it out again but this time over an extra furlong. Breeding and the performance last time out suggests it needed that. 13/2 best price still available - was happy with that last night. I fear the favourite Doc Holliday though who is well down the weights - so have a small bit on that as a saver.

Personally I think today is the day. It stayed on well last week after being given a very tender ride. Not at all surprised to see it out again but this time over an extra furlong. Breeding and the performance last time out suggests it needed that. 13/2 best price still available - was happy with that last night. I fear the favourite Doc Holliday though who is well down the weights - so have a small bit on that as a saver.

He looked like he was coming to win his race that time over in Ayr but ran into trouble....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Why are some races 1/5 odds and some 1/4 ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

convert wrote: »
    I saw that and I lol'd - "I was very excited so naturally I took a selfie and posted it to facebook, with the barcode in full view...." :p

Looks like the bookie did the thief too, $825 back for $20 on 100/1 :confused:

naughto wrote: »
    Why are some races 1/5 odds and some 1/4 ??

Handicaps are 1/4

All others 1/5 i.e. Graded, listed, group one

Also, some bookies give a concession and offer 1/4 on big group races but that's rare. Even if they do, sometimes they shorten the price to wipe some of the benefit but worth keeping an eye on terms

Shemale wrote: »
    Looks like the bookie did the thief too, $825 back for $20 on 100/1 :confused:

Tote dividend rather that SP maybe?

BumperD wrote: »
    Handicaps are 1/4

All others 1/5 i.e. Graded, listed, group one

Also, some bookies give a concession and offer 1/4 on big group races but that's rare. Even if they do, sometimes they shorten the price to wipe some of the benefit but worth keeping an eye on terms
    Only handicaps over 11 runners. 11-15 Runners 1/4 first 3, 16 or over runners 1/4 first 4.
    Also if between 5-7 runners it is 1/4 odds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

BumperD wrote: »
    Tote dividend rather that SP maybe?

Tax on winnings maybe instead of stake.

Bit disappointing Doc Holliday couldnt win off that mark and the market support last three runs suggests I wasn't the only one. Think Shukhov has a chance tonight in the 8 o'clock but would fear Shake the Bucket but not one to go too balls deep in. That one comes Friday I thought I was seeing things when I looked at the ratings

• Advertisement

Bit disappointing Doc Holliday couldnt win off that mark and the market support last three runs suggests I wasn't the only one. Think Shukhov has a chance tonight in the 8 o'clock but would fear Shake the Bucket but not one to go too balls deep in. That one comes Friday I thought I was seeing things when I looked at the ratings

Last Race?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Strategic Heights in the first has a 9lb pull with Chiglet for a 2 1/4l beating lto. Lack of a recent run might be a negative but is a consistent performer here and at the weights should give a good account

gazza1 wrote: »
    Strategic Heights in the first has a 9lb pull with Chiglet for a 2 1/4l beating lto. Lack of a recent run might be a negative but is a consistent performer here and at the weights should give a good account

Cheers looks very well handicapped indeed maybe a double with spaceship I think should just about have enough in the last.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

gazza1 wrote: »

Fully agree big stand out to me. think the 7/1 is decent value. 3 pts win for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

sdoc13 wrote: »
    Fully agree big stand out to me. think the 7/1 is decent value. 3 pts win for me.

7/1 looks a great price alright especially when you see pp go 7/2. They really are an absolute disgrace and im so glad i closed my account with them.
    BOL

Strategic Heights is very well handicapped but the absence is off putting. The one I was on about that is a humongous price is Coto in the same race dropped to a mark of 65

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

gambles galore today

now 5/2 2/1 11/4 5/2

http://myracing.com/potential-gamble-4-sheena-west-horses/

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Bangor Billy

mailburner wrote: »
    gambles galore today

now 5/2 2/1 11/4 5/2

http://myracing.com/potential-gamble-4-sheena-west-horses/

Interesting that the horse in the last leg of the 'coup' is ridden by Miss M E Spencer who has had one ride over jumps and one on the flat but never on the all weather.

Fair bit of pressure on her if the other three have gone in.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

6/5, 1/1, 5/4, 6/4 are now the odds of those 4 horses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Powers and a few others were going that short, Fintan was available at 11/4 and Landscape was available at 4/1 for quite a while

6/1 Landscape now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Some fingers burnt there anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

I watched Fintan's race. Didn't contest at all from the start and was quickly pulled up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

I wonder how low they went on the exchange? Those Frenzy gambles make for great place lays if they get cautious on betfair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I wonder was it all a big lay

19/11/15 16/16 Well Painted (IRE) Ling 12f std C6 Miss M E Spencer (7) 5/1
    19/11/15 9/10 Tee It Up Tommo (IRE) Ling 8f std C5 William Twiston-Davies 7/1
    19/11/15 9/9 Landscape (FR) Wctn 19f Hvy C3 Matthew Batchelor 9/2
    19/11/15 PU Fintan Wctn 19f Hvy C5 M Goldstein 9/4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Anyone going to see "Being AP" on Monday?

was curious bout those place lay prices and gutted i didnt get involved esp after the first one

prices on the place lays were
    fintan 1.93
    landscape 2.92
    tommo 3.7
    well painted 2.47

would love to know what the prices were before the first race though
    am sure someone made a killing

didnt something similiar happen a while back with murphys horses and they hardly beat a horse home that day also

why couldnt I think of this?
    didnt even know you could do this type of bet ffs

aucnrt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Lads put on sky sports news.

You won't be disappointed.

Serious stuff.

Luap wrote: »
    Lads put on sky sports news.

You won't be disappointed.

Serious stuff.

Whats on it ? At work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Whats on it ? At work

Only some eye candy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭rule supreme

Was quick thinking by Bryan Cooper to catch that horse in Gowran ,saved Robbie Power from serious injury .

• Advertisement
Advertisement