Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Yes, the same horse that was beaten 257L and unseated in the 4 runs previous to his last win. If anything he's coming into this one in better form!

:):):):):):):):)

Brian hayes travels down from leopardstown to ride Refused a Name in that race whose been off the track for over 600 days. Dont know what to make of it but could be interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

36hrs till racing......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Yes, the same horse that was beaten 257L and unseated in the 4 runs previous to his last win. If anything he's coming into this one in better form!

:):):):):):):):)

Hmmm yes I see he did win a steeplechase albeit somehow unexpectedly at 25/1 at Tramore...... 2 Stone off the fav eh. Denis is a jockey/trainer I follow, when the money is down.

Right well cheers pal, hope it is as lucky as the owner wife!

Will be watching for money on that Shark/Hayes combo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

A little birdie told me Hogan will win the 3.15 at Limerick on Saturday

Ended up running in the novice hurdle for whatever reason, second at 28/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Strongly fancy Mac's Power in the opener at Lingfield tomorrow despite him not having won since 2010. Got 11/1 backed it for what would be my biggest win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Worst hangover I've ever had.

Strongly fancy Mac's Power in the opener at Lingfield tomorrow despite him not having won since 2010. Got 11/1 backed it for what would be my biggest win

That's a kick in the sack.

Unlucky pc

I didn't really want 3k anyway

:(

• Advertisement

Godsmejudge to make up for it tomorrow touch wood

1.04 Mac's Power was done at. Good lord

I didn't really want 3k anyway

That's not great. :(

Those fellas that stand behind the presenters on tv looking in the camera or waving always seem like simpletons

Would rather watch my best mate shag my missus than watch Leon Blanche on tv

I think they might punt Bobbie's Diamond in the maiden tomorrow at Leop. Owner likes a winner at this meeting and they backed one last year to win a maiden versus a 1/3 shot. Look at it's run at Naas when they took a massive pull coming down to the second last when holding every chance from a BSP of 100. 33/1 with powers looks very big but accurate if they don't let him run to merit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Godsmejudge to make up for it tomorrow touch wood

Swear to Christ not copying you, but just put this up on 2 other forums (racecaller & everything horseracing).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Time is godsmejudge runnin ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Time is godsmejudge runnin ?

15:25 Doncaster

• Advertisement

15:25 Doncaster

Horse looks in decline to be honest, but down in grade and trip has a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,824 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I think they might punt Bobbie's Diamond in the maiden tomorrow at Leop. Owner likes a winner at this meeting and they backed one last year to win a maiden versus a 1/3 shot. Look at it's run at Naas when they took a massive pull coming down to the second last when holding every chance from a BSP of 100. 33/1 with powers looks very big but accurate if they don't let him run to merit
    -The Stewards enquired into the running and riding of Bobbie's Diamond, ridden by P.T. Enright, and trained by A.J.Martin. Evidence was heard from the trainer and rider concerned. A.J.Martin, stated that the instructions were to settle the horse in mid-division and to get him jumping and come home best he could. He added that the horse has a respiratory issue and has always made a noise at home and on previous runs. He expressed his satisfaction with the ride but accepted that his charge could have been closer, if put into the race at an earlier stage. P.T.Enright confirmed the instructions and stated that having jumped poorly he got further back than he had hoped. He added that he gave his horse a chance in the back straight and having filled his lungs, stayed on well past beaten horses. The Stewards also received a report from the Turf Club Veterinary Officer who stated that Bobbie's Diamond was post race normal. Having viewed the recording of the race and considered the evidence, the Stewards were of the opinion that both trainer and rider were in breach of Rule 212, in that all reasonable and permissible measures were not taken to give the horse a full opportunity to achieve the best possible place and having considered their records, P.T. Enright was suspended for seven day's and ordered to forfeit his riding fee and Bobbie's Diamond was suspended for thirty days. A.J.Martin was fined €1,000. Furthermore the trainer was referred to the referrals committee having failed to report that the horse had made a respiratory noise on previous runs, in accordance with Rule 213. Mr. Robert Dore, absented himself from this enquiry and Mr. Laurance McFerran acted as chairman.
    From the Fairyhouse run on the 28th. More likely than not the horse is being held back so it can get a sufficiently low handicap mark after today's run. Couldn't be up to these rogues though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

From the Fairyhouse run on the 28th. More likely than not the horse is being held back so it can get a sufficiently low handicap mark after today's run. Couldn't be up to these rogues though.

Careful now! That decision was overturned on appeal.

But I agree with the sentiment. There is far too much apparent skullduggery involving certain trainers, and you really have to be a mind reader about a horses' going day, these days.

It's a bet I'd normally never ever do just thought they might have backed it today. 250 on bf hardly looks like it's off today :pac: 365 only went 10/1 last night they clearly thought something similar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Earendil wrote: »
    Swear to Christ not copying you, but just put this up on 2 other forums (racecaller & everything horseracing).

Mind me asking the logic behind it? Is the race of a much lower quality?

Mind me asking the logic behind it? Is the race of a much lower quality?

No, not much lower and there are some very well handicapped horses in this race. As I say, this one could be decline, but he ran well for a good part of the race lto and this is 5f shorter. The price was the attraction here, 16s was too big I thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Earendil wrote: »
    No, not much lower and there are some very well handicapped horses in this race. As I say, this one could be decline, but he ran well for a good part of the race lto and this is 5f shorter. The price was the attraction here, 16s was too big I thought.

Cheers! He's around 10 most places now so hes shortened quite a bit.

Bold Prediction in the last at Ling tomorrow to make it a happy new year to me, 8/1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Bold Prediction in the last at Ling tomorrow to make it a happy new year to me, 8/1

Still confident in Fairy Foxglove?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭naughto

Cheers PC nice little win

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Still confident in Fairy Foxglove?

Extremely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Extremely

Haha top man PC. Happy New Year!

Nice one pc. Didn't back it as it was a maiden in a rotten handicap on the aw, just the profile of punting you ply your trade :)

Lupo Doro for me, good luck!

Lupo Doro for me, good luck!

And Billy Bond for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 612 ✭✭✭boomtown84

Lovely PC..thanks!

Cracking ride from Baker to go with his shocker earlier!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

BOOM. Legend PC great end to 2015. Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭naughto

two from two pc

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭jj mac

Top man pc. Great couple of days thanks to you. Happy new year you legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

If he goes 3 in a row tomorrow it will have to be a title change to the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,092 ✭✭✭shmeee

Cheers PC! Appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Decka

Nice one PC excellent shout again! Few extra shillings in my pocket for 2mos racing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Top man PC , made a couple of nice wee withdrawals on the back of your tips to see me through the new year! Have a good one yourself and all the best for 2016.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Fantastic again PC. Really have changed the shade of my luck over the last month.

Sometimes the hardest part is getting on. Ladbrokes went 7/1 Basingstoke tomorrow at Southwell drove like a mad man into town to take it. In store didnt have prices and wouldn't match it, rang them asked for my stake and they referred it offered me 50 p. Had to settle for 5/1 I could have got 6/1 but was greedy. I think he should win and will prob go off fav

It's either a feast or a famine, well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭minibear

Sometimes the hardest part is getting on. Ladbrokes went 7/1 Basingstoke tomorrow at Southwell drove like a mad man into town to take it.

I'm picturing a benny hill style romp into town :D

took 5/1 with pp. good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,092 ✭✭✭shmeee

Sometimes the hardest part is getting on. Ladbrokes went 7/1 Basingstoke tomorrow at Southwell drove like a mad man into town to take it. In store didnt have prices and wouldn't match it, rang them asked for my stake and they referred it offered me 50 p. Had to settle for 5/1 I could have got 6/1 but was greedy. I think he should win and will prob go off fav

This is what happens to me on a number of occasions, see Ladbrokes are best price, bomb into town, write out docket and then they look at me behind the counter as if I have 2 heads and ask where I got the price from.

Yere own ****ing website, oh we have different prices in-store as we have more overheads they always reply to me, your the one company ye gob****es!

Even a simple score on a player to score anytime is effort with them.

Anyway I'll have a punt on this tomorrow, cheers.

10 quid free bet with 365, hopefully I don't jinx it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

10 quid free bet with 365, hopefully I don't jinx it :pac:

Someone ring the owner and tell him not to run

Advertisement