Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

The announcer on rte now, now a good excuse to ignore the weather and stuff your face:D

racegoers are being advised to wrap up this weekend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 196 ✭✭Clonsuttonlad

See Cue Card is 6-1 for Queen Mother!!!

Sprinter Sacre 6/5 - all must not be well!!!!

On another note watch out for Elliott tomorrow, his horses have all improved 50 lenghts and on average 10 places from their last run. Apparently they like stormy weather :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

On another note watch out for Elliott tomorrow, his horses have all improved 50 lenghts and on average 10 places from their last run. Apparently they like stormy weather :)

Layla Joan is his favorite lady, too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

That one in the maiden hurdle today was to win down in galway one day an it was pulled out for a jp gamble to win,elliot owns it so expect it to be bought JP will probably fork out for him.

the bumper winner was impressive but that was an awful race full of dead wood wouldnt be sighted in a decent bumper.

why oh why did i go on the wime, straight to the head

Imagine having backed Sprinter Sacre to go the season unbeaten and not get a run for your money at all thats sickening,will he come back? a lot of conspiracys going around dont knw why BG didnt walk him back? heart condition was given as the excuse straight almost like they had it ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

SRFC wrote: »
    Imagine having backed Sprinter Sacre to go the season unbeaten and not get a run for your money at all thats sickening,will he come back? a lot of conspiracys going around dont knw why BG didnt walk him back? heart condition was given as the excuse straight almost like they had it ready.

Glad I bottled it. :D Anyone who backed it with Paddy Power might have a lucky escape now though given it's likely he wont run enough times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Does there have to be a conspiracy theory every time a well fancied horse gets beaten? They're not machines. Geraghty wasn't happy with him so he rightly pulled him up. It's not all about gambling.

Does there have to be a conspiracy theory every time a well fancied horse gets beaten? They're not machines. Geraghty wasn't happy with him so he rightly pulled him up. It's not all about gambling.

They just happened to have a stethoscope and a diagnosis the minute he walked back?bit far fetched I dont believe it why didnt geraghty get off the horse??

Also there was chunks laid on him for the Champion Chase before the race at 1.69,chemical nicky at it again that horse hasnt been right since punchestown and punters are getting conned,it should never have ran today clearly wasnt right.

and no I didnt back it today.

• Advertisement

They just happened to have a stethoscope and a diagnosis the minute he walked back?bit far fetched I dont believe it why didnt geraghty get off the horse??

Also there was chunks laid on him for the Champion Chase before the race at 1.69,chemical nicky at it again that horse hasnt been right since punchestown and punters are getting conned,it should never have ran today clearly wasnt right.

and no I didnt back it today.

From ATR blog:
    SAFETY ALWAYS FIRST FOR SPRINTER

It’s always sad when a great horse like Sprinter Sacre is beaten but the main thing to remember is that he lives to fight another day.

He felt grand during the race but with him I’m always having to say, “whoa!, whoa!" but then all of a sudden the whoa! was gone.

He clambered over the second fence down the back straight and in a couple of strides I knew something wasn’t right.

I know him very well and what he means to everyone so I didn’t need to think twice that the immediate and right thing to do was pull him up and keep him safe.

He was fine as I trotting him back slowly to the paddock but there is something amiss and the expert view seems to be that it is an irregular heartbeat.

He’ll be getting the best treatment there is and there have been quite a few very good horses that have suffered this problem and been successfully treated.

All we want to see now is him back fit and well.

1.01 there's nothing wrong with him henderson will come out with a statement tomorrow saying ''all is well'' and this will be forgotton about IMO,considering he had been galloping I doubt its unusual for a horse's heart to be pumping,its sad really if he is injured just goes to show no such thing as a certainty,do hope he comes back,just a bit strange the way it happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Wow, a racecourse vet who brings a stethoscope around with him. Very suspicious......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

Wow, a racecourse vet who brings a stethoscope around with him. Very suspicious......

LMAO Harry, nearly puked laughing when I read this.

Maybe Mullins cat gave the vet a stethoscope :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Meant to be some header down the road with hostages and a gun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Potential classic on the cards in the Darts here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Anderson really messed it up with 6 darts on 121 and getting a shot of the bull. Fancy van Gerwrn now

Great, great match

Needless to say Van Gerwen has far more to come based on what we saw in the first 4 sets.

If he beats Webster Lewis v MVG could be a classic in the semi

Darts is such a great game

Without a doubt my favourite sport/game to watch

• Advertisement

No doubt Mullins will have the vets ready for the Fly if he loses tomorrow.
    As any time he is beaten in Ireland there has to be something wrong.

Fancy Wright here will have a bet in play. Darts is class !

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭nobody told me

No doubt Mullins will have the vets ready for the Fly if he loses tomorrow.
    As any time he is beaten in Ireland there has to be something wrong.

Fancy Wright here will have a bet in play. Darts is class !

Anytime he's beaten in Ireland? I hope the vet ha plenty of other work on.

I've cursed Wright!

Wright you Beut !!!!!! Some checkout .

Watching the Hobbit instead of going out on a Saturday night ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭ste2010

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Watching the Hobbit instead of going out on a Saturday night ffs

Try Thor..the fact it got 77% on rottentomatoes proves how simple critics are...absolute car crash material..I couldn't possibly drink anymore in general for ever

• Advertisement

What happened in Sligo siege urban?

ste2010 wrote: »
    Try Thor..the fact it got 77% on rottentomatoes proves how simple critics are...absolute car crash material..I couldn't possibly drink anymore in general for ever
    Watched the first didn't think it was the worst, was well up for going out tonight but my mates are poor. Looks like a Law and Order run, on season 6 now only 16 to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

I'm not trying to suggest anything here but the sligo siege started not long after palace moon was denied by a head in the 2:10 @ Lingfield.

Unlucky Urban, your good at spotting these alweather Saturday gambles. Possibly one of the most profitable ways of gambling. Following crooks pays if you can spot it early. Hope you went e/w today.

Apparently the stat to follow for welsh national is won a race at the track before.

Only horses to have done that were first and second

What happened in Sligo siege urban?

Dunno guards were called to a house last night and some header shot at them, rumors were he had his parents hostage in there he shot at police a few times with a shot gun. People were saying there were hostages but don't think there were it went on from last night until lunch time today just down the road from me

• Advertisement

Unlucky Urban, your good at spotting these alweather Saturday gambles. Possibly one of the most profitable ways of gambling. Following crooks pays if you can spot it early. Hope you went e/w today.

Apparently the stat to follow for welsh national is won a race at the track before.

Only horses to have done that were first and second

Wish I did go each way. Did get on the absolute bet of the year today but can't say what until tomorrow :pac:

Wish I did go each way. Did get on the absolute bet of the year today but can't say what until tomorrow :pac:

A horsie?

jimjamcos wrote: »
    A horsie?

No the bets hes on about is the 1/100 on me getting cleaned out again tomorrow :pac:

Post it up early please!

:cool:

:cool:

Very SRFC like emoticon! I would love to know who your backing tomorrow that's going to earn us all a few bob...nothing going my way this festive year. 2 winners, about 6 2nds and a batch full
    Of losers. Mind you I'm hoping your fav Dennis hogan is pulling a trick tomorrow if boherna lady gets in.

Urban the price of that horse in Limerick is a joke at 9/2 was hoping for 9/1.

Said I backed it today never said it was running tomorrow. I just need to get the max on in shop tomorrow

Urban the price of that horse in Limerick is a joke at 9/2 was hoping for 9/1.

I know the bookies very much airing on the side of caution. That said I think it is a terrible race even though all the runners

I know the bookies very much airing on the side of caution. That said I think it is a terrible race even though all the runners

What's
    The horse?

• Advertisement

ste2010 wrote: »
    What's
    The horse?

Pencilhimin

Dont be late in doncaster a blatant non trier the last day got after it after mccoy wasnt going to win.

Anyone staying up for Silva v Weidman? Fancy Silva to get revenge. What time it at?

Dunno don't follow UFC but a lad I know has 1k on one of them can't remember which to win by KO

I'd say he'd staying up :) He must know his stuff. That horse is so short, opened short, what must the bookies know?

I'd say he'd staying up :) He must know his stuff. That horse is so short, opened short, what must the bookies know?

Might just think he could be a plot hacked up over that course and distance I could be wrong but isn't he owned by a fella known to plot big gambles

Step Together Syndicate. I don't know, he won a bumper by a fair bit sorry a hurdle. Over 2m5f

He's a full brother to War of Attrition.
    But only saw a racecourse at eight. V.strange

A horse that can win first time out like he did would 99% of the time be better than this mark. Hopefully tomorrow is the day

Just wait and see if there is any action on his price.

• Advertisement

Can tell you now what that bet of the year was the market has been taken down. Bruce never adjusted their ante post champion chase betting I got on Sire de Grugy at 25/1. Max they would allow was 22.16 each way but not bad considering he is a 3/1 shot elsewhere.

Advertisement