Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chorizo Sausage

Options
  • 12-12-2013 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭

Help needed.

I want to go an extremely extremely easy bowl of chorizo sausage - I was thinking of just cutting into bit sized chunks - putting it on a tray with a bit of olive oil and throwing it in the oven for half hour - then serve it in its own juices with cocktail stix. has anyone done this - does it work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Maybe try shallow frying it rather than overn baking it, and serve on sticks with a small piece of bread under each one. Definitely works as cocktail food.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

I have a little round casserole dish with a lid, I chuck two sausages in there and roast it for 45 minutes. you dont even need the oil.

cut some crusty bread aswell into bite size pieces for dunkage.

Yum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

+1 on not necessarily needing the oil, it'll give out a ferocious amount of fat as it cooks <drools> I've cut a chorizo sausage into long strips and cooked them on the bbq or on a griddle pan too, the burnt bits are just the bees knees

I love chorizo cooked in red wine as a tapa and it doesn't take a lot of time to make

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/chorizo_tapas_72587 (if I didn't fancy shopping for that recipe the banana shallot would become an onion & the bay leaves would become 'oops, no bay leaves')

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

thanks guys - great help - gonna go for it. I'll leave out the oil.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Here's my winter take on a Spanish stew:

Chorizo sausage, white pudding, potatoes, butter beans, carrots, chopped onion, stock.

Stick it in a casserole dish for an hour and ten mins, mmmm.

Ingredients can vary, naturally. Bung in what you like most from vegetable world. And with the stock, sometimes its nice to add a bit of wine/beer/cider/sherry...

Dish is nice on its own or over rice/pasta/cous cous/quinoa etc

• Advertisement
Advertisement