If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denon Ceol RCD-N8E2 warranty repair

Options
  • 12-12-2013 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

My Denon Ceol (purchased from you April this year) has developed a small fault. I have been in touch with Denon Customer Support and they have come to the conclusion that the symptoms (switching Favourites by using CH+/CH- or UP/DOWN on the remote control or by using UP/DOWN on the unit's rocker switch doesn't work) indicate "a defect with the media module in the unit."

They tell me that I should return it to you for servicing by Denon.

I suppose it would be wiser to leave it 'til after the Christmas period.

Can you give me an estimate of how long Denon are likely to take with the repair?
    Will Denon cover shipping costs?

Thanks...

Michael

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

MHP wrote: »
    My Denon Ceol (purchased from you April this year) has developed a small fault. I have been in touch with Denon Customer Support and they have come to the conclusion that the symptoms (switching Favourites by using CH+/CH- or UP/DOWN on the remote control or by using UP/DOWN on the unit's rocker switch doesn't work) indicate "a defect with the media module in the unit."

They tell me that I should return it to you for servicing by Denon.

I suppose it would be wiser to leave it 'til after the Christmas period.

Can you give me an estimate of how long Denon are likely to take with the repair?
    Will Denon cover shipping costs?

Thanks...

Michael
    Michael,

apologies for the delay gettng back to you - its gone a bit pear shaped up here!.

No problem getting your unit serviced - Denon has a 2 year warranty - and as the warranty is 2 years I honestly really wouldn't panic and send it up to us prior to Christmas - far better to wait 'till early '14 and then it will be a much smoother job!

After Christmas no problem give us a shout and send it up to us and we will send it to the UK service agents to get it sorted for you - unfortunately the manufacturers dont cover any of the shipping! but if you can send it to us we will cover the return shipping from the UK to you. When you are sending it please ensure its really well packed, preferably in its original packaging to reduce the possibility of in-transit damage. ( Michael just checked your location and we have one of our guys who visits regularly close to you - so we can probably arrange a pick-up to suit you..)

On the time scale - Denon are normally pretty good, but I honestly cant guarantee how long it will take - but you have to allow 2-3 days each end for shipping - unfortunately we really do prefer to return most units to the UK for service as there are very few qualified / authorised service agents on the Island of Ireland :( .

Give me a shout again after Christmas and thanks for your patience,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭MHP

That's very decent of you.

Would you believe it, it has suddenly begun to work as it should again, all of it's own accord!

I may not need you after all.

Michael

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

MHP wrote: »
    That's very decent of you.

Would you believe it, it has suddenly begun to work as it should again, all of it's own accord!

I may not need you after all.

Michael
    Hi MHP.

Keep your eye on it and should it give you any further trouble please let us know.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.