Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting text messages about "my installation, and now my bill" I AM NOT WITH EIRCOM.

Options
  • 12-12-2013 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭

Hiya folks.

A few months back I was getting phone calls about my pending installation and when you would arrive.  I am not with eircom, have not been for years, .  I pointed this out and didnt hear any more.

Now I just got a text message to say what my bill is !

I think its obvious somewhere on you system you have my number as a contact number for one of your customers.  Can you please remove it !

Sending a pm with the number concerned.

Thanks

superscouse

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Just sent my phone number to rep:Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

I'm sorry to hear this and for the inconvenience caused.

I'll check this and come back to you through PM's.

Thanks

Tracey

Thanks

Tracey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Thanks

Tracey

No problem at all. I have sent you a PM there.

Tracey

AND YET AGAIN, I get a call for Ann Ryan about my eircom line.  The number just now was 01 - 765 2760.

I have told you here, I have told the callers about 3 times, I have told the installation engineer he has the wrong person and it still happens.

I have just SCREAMED down the phone, SWEARING at the guy. 

Hopefully someone will take notice now.

superscouse

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

AND YET AGAIN, I get a call for Ann Ryan about my eircom line.  The number just now was 01 - 765 2760.

I have told you here, I have told the callers about 3 times, I have told the installation engineer he has the wrong person and it still happens.

Hopefully someone will take notice now.

superscouse
    Hi superscouse

I'm sorry to hear of this, I'll look in to this and make sure you will not receive any more calls.

Thanks
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

Seriously?

No Pants wrote: »
    Seriously?
    Yes seriously!  It appears diplomacy does not work with eircom.  Not with the couple of office calls, or the one telling the engineer who called me, and then the talkto staff here.

I am to busy to tell anybody 5, 6 or even 7 times, they have the wrong person.  Maybe now, someone will wake from their slumber and do something about it to stop them ringing me on my personal mobile.

I think its fecking obvious something else is needed - or maybe you have a better idea ????

Seriously?
    Yes seriously!  It appears diplomacy does not work with eircom.  Not with the couple of office calls, or the one telling the engineer who called me, and then the talkto staff here.

I am to busy to tell anybody 5, 6 or even 7 times, they have the wrong person.  Maybe now, someone will wake from their slumber and do something about it to stop them ringing me on my personal mobile.

I think its fecking obvious something else is needed - or maybe you have a better idea ????
    Hi superscouse

Thanks for your PM,

I'll follow up on this for you.

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

Put it in writing, ask them to take your number off their system and tell them if it happens again you'll report them to the data protection commissioner for such use of your number and maybe the Gardai for harassment.

The chap who you screamed and sweared at was not responsible for your number being used. I don't know what you do, but how would you like it if one your customers turned up and started screaming at you out of the blue?

• Advertisement

Why would I go to all that trouble?  If approx 5 different eircom people, including the ones on here, are unable to fix it, will a letter make much difference?  Surely its a case of stupidity or maybe lazyness, or maybe incompetance or perhaps don't give a damn-ness that is causing the problem.

I have been completely polite to them and to the agents here (as can be seen above), but now I am getting thick.

Hopefully eircom: alan can sought it out where EVERYONE else has failed.

Why would I go to all that trouble?  If approx 5 different eircom people, including the ones on here, are unable to fix it, will a letter make much difference?  Surely its a case of stupidity or maybe lazyness, or maybe incompetance or perhaps don't give a damn-ness that is causing the problem.

I have been completely polite to them and to the agents here (as can be seen above), but now I am getting thick.

Hi superscouse

I'll make sure there are no further calls

Thanks
    Al

Hi superscouse

Thanks
    Al
    I appreciate it, I really do, but have you personally sorted the issue or have you passed it on to someone else?   This has been "sorted" multiple times before.....

Hi superscouse

Thanks
    Al
    I appreciate it, I really do, but have you personally sorted the issue or have you passed it on to someone else?   This has been "sorted" multiple times before.....

Hi superscouse

There are relevant departments in eircom which focus on a number of different tasks and areas. I am physically unable to remove your number from receiving calls however I will follow this up with the relevant area and ensure that they arrange this.

Al

Hi folks.

This issue seems to be appearing again.  I have got two text messages in two weeks telling me I am overdue and please contact you.  I assume my mobile number is still associated with somebody elses account.  The only account I have with you is with Emobile business.  I have confirmed with them my account is in order so its not that.

I will send a pm with my mobile number.  Will you please check what accounts it is associated with and stop these texts.

Thanks in advance

scousemouse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi folks.

This issue seems to be appearing again.  I have got two text messages in two weeks telling me I am overdue and please contact you.  I assume my mobile number is still associated with somebody elses account.  The only account I have with you is with Emobile business.  I have confirmed with them my account is in order so its not that.

I will send a pm with my mobile number.  Will you please check what accounts it is associated with and stop these texts.

Thanks in advance

scousemouse
    Hi ScouseMouse,

Thanks for your PM. I will be back to you shortly. 

-Pamela 

So, nearly 4 years later, I am still getting your text messages.  After the original ones saying Hi, Ann Ryan, your order is being processed, then installation date is XXX,   Now they are just saying your latest bill is due for payment may 16th

All this time, you have my mobile number, attached as a contact for another person you have referred to as Ann Ryan.  This is going on now for about 4 years.

I have asked multiple times to have it removed, and gave up.

Now, with all these new rules, how do I demand my contact details be removed from EIR.

Thanks

scousemouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

There is an obligation for records of personal data to be kept accurate. Might be possible for the data protection commissioner to look in to this. It's Ann's personal data which is wrong though, not yours, so maybe they wouldn't take it on. Worth a shot.

Edit: Though they are sending Ann's data to someone else, which is a potential data breach, so maybe they would be interested.

TheChizler wrote: »
    There is an obligation for records of personal data to be kept accurate. Might be possible for the data protection commissioner to look in to this. It's Ann's personal data which is wrong though, not yours, so maybe they wouldn't take it on. Worth a shot.

Edit: Though they are sending Ann's data to someone else, which is a potential data breach, so maybe they would be interested.
    Thanks!  I eventually gave up asking, but maybe if I made a declaration of a data breach, it might cause Eir to pull their finger out and do something?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Thanks!  I eventually gave up asking, but maybe if I made a declaration of a data breach, it might cause Eir to pull their finger out and do something?
    With any luck it might be the push they need.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

So, nearly 4 years later, I am still getting your text messages.  After the original ones saying Hi, Ann Ryan, your order is being processed, then installation date is XXX,   Now they are just saying your latest bill is due for payment may 16th

All this time, you have my mobile number, attached as a contact for another person you have referred to as Ann Ryan.  This is going on now for about 4 years.

I have asked multiple times to have it removed, and gave up.

Now, with all these new rules, how do I demand my contact details be removed from EIR.

Thanks

scousemouse.
    Hi ScouseMouse, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with this. I understand this is frustrating. 

If you PM me the details, I'll have a look into this for you. 

Thanks

Tracey 

Advertisement