Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water meters Castlebar

Options
  • 12-12-2013 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭

I see it's in full flow in Castlebar . Woke yesterday but the noise of a jack hammer at 8 am. Have they no consideration for anyone sleeping.

Just curious to see if anyone has got a letter yet.

Also I notice I get a letter saying that the Estate been taken over by the council and 2 days later the meter lads are in. That's efficiency.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

8am isnt early...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

8am isnt early...
    Maybe not but if you were coming off a night shift I would be pretty pissed off.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

irishgeo wrote: »
    Maybe not but if you were coming off a night shift I would be pretty pissed off.

Wait until they are legally allowed to start :) 7am is the earliest they can start, that will shake the cobwebs! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

I see it's in full flow in Castlebar . Woke yesterday but the noise of a jack hammer at 8 am. Have they no consideration for anyone sleeping.

Also I notice I get a letter saying that the Estate been taken over by the council and 2 days later the meter lads are in. That's efficiency.

I'm fairly sure they are not allowed start before 9.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

Incidentially what happens if your estate is not taken over by the council?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I enquired about that this year with local planning authority as the railway crowd were doing work, they were working from 9pm until 3am three nights in a row and we live next door.
    Was told that normal hours were 8am to 8pm, but that 7am is allowed. She said that they should have given us notice of these works.
    When I spoke to them they said they called but no one was home...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

yop wrote: »
    I enquired about that this year with local planning authority as the railway crowd were doing work, they were working from 9pm until 3am three nights in a row and we live next door.
    Was told that normal hours were 8am to 8pm, but that 7am is allowed. She said that they should have given us notice of these works.

They spun you a yarn. They should have notified all the nearby householders in writing.

Yes but it's not the council that are putting in the water meters. 14 companies won the tender for the water meters for castlebar and surrounding areas.

They spun you a yarn. They should have notified all the nearby householders in writing.

I know that well the dirty fecks.
    Yes but it's not the council that are putting in the water meters. 14 companies won the tender for the water meters for castlebar and surrounding areas.

Yip, but you can get onto one of the agencies, not sure which one though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

work the day shift then :confused::confused:

work the day shift then :confused::confused:

He doesn't work at all... :D :P

I suspected as much...

after working a nightshift i think i could happily sleep through some drilling

Just because I don't start till 9.30 doesn't mean I don't work.

its car parking carnage here in the estate. they blocked my driveway without even having to the curtesty to tell me.

its car parking carnage here in the estate. they blocked my driveway without even having to the curtesty to tell me.

Feck sake, thats not on. Can they actually do that?

Feck sake, thats not on. Can they actually do that?

ill be taking pictures in the morning.

i notice on the website that they only have to allow pedestrian access.

ill be taking pictures in the morning.

Its sound I don't want to see pictures of you, I'm on about the drive!

Did they contact you and tell you this would be happening?

Find out which company it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

I lived on a street when they up rooted it to build the Luas (Dub) - stated at 6:30am for five months - not funny.

• Advertisement

Its sound I don't want to see pictures of you, I'm on about the drive!

Did they contact you and tell you this would be happening?
    :D
    Nope. so much for the letter 2 weeks before they install it.
    Find out which company it is.

GMC Sierra all over the signs.

:D
    Nope. so much for the letter 2 weeks before they install it.

GMC Sierra all over the signs.

Is there meant to be a letter with 2 weeks notice?

Is there meant to be a letter with 2 weeks notice?

Yep and another reminder the day before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

How ungrateful you all are, our wonderful government and its great leader send workmen around and give you all free water meters with free installation by workmen with shiny new vans and all you can do is complain.

Advertisement