Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superser purchased from Powercity.

Options
  • 12-12-2013 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

I purchased a Catalytic Superser heater from Powercity and the literature and stickers advise to use only Flogas. I checked with 2/3 suppliers and they do not supply Flogas but only Calor or kosan gas. A guy in the gas supply business told me that there is no difference as long the fittings are correct.

Is this a promotional arrangement between Powercity and Flogas or can the gas cylinder be used as long as the fittings are correct. A spokesperson for Flogas said if the Superser stickers advise to use only Flogas, and if Flogas is not used, that this could nullify the waranty. Is this correct?

Has anyone else got a similar experience?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I sell gas and the only reason I can think of is maybe the regulator (connection type) is different. Did you ring calor or flogas and ask them?

This is only a guess. As its gas, check properly before you connect anything else up to it !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Justice for the individual

I sell gas and the only reason I can think of is maybe the regulator (connection type) is different. Did you ring calor or flogas and ask them?

This is only a guess. As its gas, check properly before you connect anything else up to it !!!

Thanks for your reply. The Regulator is the same. I am using a Calorgas cylinder, fitting fits, and it is working perfectly - so far! I rang Flogas, and obviously, they advised to use only Flogas. I have just rung Calorgas and a spokesman said the fittings are exactly the same for Flogas and Calorgas, and are safe as houses to use.

I think the problem is solved, and Powercity and Flogas, please take note.

Advertisement