Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fluke VoltAlert

Options
  • 12-12-2013 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks, just a quick question for you. Had a generic b & q branded non-contact volt stick that I found very handy but it has since been lost.

I replaced it with a Fluke II AC; very similar tool. Better build quality, etc; but one feature that annoys me is this:

The older, cheaper one from B & Q could be left on a cable and you could walk away and the unit would continue to beep. Handy if you are trying to establish which breaker to switch off whereas the fluke unit will not emit audible tone if you are not physically holding it. Is this just a design difference between the 2 ? Handier when they beep :o

Comments

Advertisement