Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting game assets designed, where to start?

Options
  • 12-12-2013 3:58pm

I have a moderately popular game with graphics that are a bit rough around the edges since I did them my self.
    Shameless plug.

They also haven't been designed with different screen densities in mind. The game scales the graphics up instead of different sized assets for different display categories.

Artwork and graphics is something that wouldn't be my strongest suit. What is the best way to approach this to get in touch with someone who can do this and what sort of money would be involved? It's not a game I intend to monetize but I would like it to look a bit nicer!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

ronoc wrote: »
    Artwork and graphics is something that wouldn't be my strongest suit. What is the best way to approach this to get in touch with someone who can do this and what sort of money would be involved? It's not a game I intend to monetize but I would like it to look a bit nicer!
    You might want to post on this thread on the Design board.

As to remuneration, unless it's a student looking to build up their portfolio, then you'll probably have to shell out. How much depends on the quantity and complexity of the graphical assets/resources you're looking to get done, as well as the talent, experience and popularity of the designer - in short, it's like someone asking you an open-ended quote like "how much to get an app done?"

You might want to post on this thread on the Design board.

As to remuneration, unless it's a student looking to build up their portfolio, then you'll probably have to shell out. How much depends on the quantity and complexity of the graphical assets/resources you're looking to get done, as well as the talent, experience and popularity of the designer - in short, it's like someone asking you an open-ended quote like "how much to get an app done?"

Nice one, will have a look

Advertisement