Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GP Paps - VapourArt

Options
  • 12-12-2013 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭

Hi Yall

I'm the proud owner of the GP Paps 2.1 for a while now
    FromRicksiPhone4.jpeg

Myself and my brother have one. I've lost the spring from the button and today the spring and the button are gone. Can't find them anywhere.
    button-replacementssmall_0.jpg
    My brother has also lost his spring. So both of our GP Paps 2.1 are out of action.

Does anyone else have a GP Paps 2.1 that has this issue? I know I Can buy replacement parts but I'm just a bit concerned about it now. I'm thinking of buying the 2.5 button but only if it doesn't suffer from this issue.

I've written to the owner of GP Paps, George Pappas or something what he thinks about this issue.

I'll post back when I have more info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭unblvlblkult

Think the 2.5 button assembly won't fit the 2.1 threading. Could be wrong. Have also had this issue ongoing with the PAPs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

I used to have the same issue but solved it with a tiny dab of thread lock.
    Before that I got used to checking every time I changed the battery.
    The Paps is still a beautiful mod despite this small issue.

Just a note...the 2.5 switch is compatable with the 2.1.

It's not cheap though!

Just noticed on the Vapourart site that they have one 18650 2.1 complete for €64.10 (its an OUTLET offer...so discontinued, refurbed or blemished) http://www.vapourart.com/en/product/gp-outlet-paps-18650-version-21

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Ionised wrote: »
    Just a note...the 2.5 switch is compatable with the 2.1.

It's not cheap though!

Just noticed on the Vapourart site that they have one 18650 2.1 complete for €64.10 (its an OUTLET offer...so discontinued, refurbed or blemished) http://www.vapourart.com/en/product/gp-outlet-paps-18650-version-21

Cool - I'd prefer the 2.5 though. I like the brushed finish and the button seems better as I've heard people rave about how it's one of the best out there. Thanks for the heads up though. If anyone else wants to get this mod I'd recommend it, apart from the issue I highlighted and others also have it's great. But that thread lock fix sounds the business.

The 2.5 switch is beautiful. I'd marry it if I could!

I regret selling my Paps lux :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

I am arranging special ceremonies where you can marry your Mod and vow to eternal love and never do us smoke, not sure where you fit in Ionised as you SOLD your loved one, I think that falls under trafficking, You evil, uncaring, materialistic cad.....How could you? Seriously, do you know how lonely she is now.....Ohhhhhh......how could you? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

What are folks using to stop their locking ring binding? I have a brushed 2.1 but the locking ring does my head in. I would use noalox but I cant find anyone selling it here, also I heard noalox can cause pitting on ss.
    BTW I tightened the nut on the switch with a pliers and that stopped it coming apart.

dePeatrick wrote: »
    I am arranging special ceremonies where you can marry your Mod and vow to eternal love and never do us smoke, not sure where you fit in Ionised as you SOLD your loved one, I think that falls under trafficking, You evil, uncaring, materialistic cad.....How could you? Seriously, do you know how lonely she is now.....Ohhhhhh......how could you? :(
    I'm happy with a threesome...my Dingo, bulldog basic and me ;)

With regards to binding Mr Chrome...I find the tiniest dab of CopperEase works a treat.

Ionised wrote: »
    I'm happy with a threesome...my Dingo, bulldog basic and me ;)

With regards to binding Mr Chrome...I find the tiniest dab of CopperEase works a treat.

I have some copper grease somewhere in the shed, I'll try that, its awful messy stuff though....looks like sh1te on your hands :-)

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    I have some copper grease somewhere in the shed, I'll try that, its awful messy stuff though....looks like sh1te on your hands :-)

Just a teeny tiny bit. Really just show it the mod :-)

• Advertisement

I am not all convinced by "conductive greases" tbh, sure, they won't do any harm but they will cause a mess, did a google on them to see if anything new had turned up in the last 20 years and nothing.

Some Mineral oil (baby oil) or Vaseline works just as good, check it with a meter and see for yourself.

I am looking into this a bit more....have not found a conductive grease yet, most dielectric greases are composed of chemicals that prevent Galvanic action say between copper and aluminium in particular...no harm in that...apart from the mess.....good around springs though, if needed!

Edit: I checked my mod before and after using mineral oil on the threads, no difference in resistance before and after. I'll look and see if I can find/put together a table of metals that produce Galvanic action....and what greases do and do not prevent it....

Ya cant beat metal on metal imo (if the threads are good) I can live with squeaky threads.
    Im not really interested in the conductive properties of grease for what you would gain. I just wanna lube me switch up is all!

If it is the threads that are too tight and causing the binding lubricant May or may not work, try some medium grade polishing paste on it, screw, unscrew...repeat, stop when fed up with it and remove all traces of paste....works... :)

Advertisement