Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The work continues

• 12-12-2013 5:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭

Hi folks. I'm still pottering along on my Microplus resto and have the floor "joists" fixed in and have cleaned up and painted some of the interior and deck area. Much of the interior will be covered up so more of a tidy up than anything else. Pics will follow, but I'm also catching up on the "to do" list on the car and around the house.

Anyway, looking a little further down the road, I will want to give the outboard a service/overhaul and while I'm happy with spanners, I'm more used to four wheels and have no experience working on outboards and to this end, I'm trying to locate a service manual.

I've tried Main Dealers/ Agents, Ebay and the internet in general to no avail. It's an old engine, made (I think) between 1974 and 1979 and is a Yamaha 28AE longshaft. Any pointers, thoughts or info would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

This pdf might help you out a bit regarding parts the E is just electric start. www.boote-forum.de/attachment.fphp?attachmentid=390718&d...‎; and if you have any problems I will try and help out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭sogood

Many thanks fergal, you're a lifesaver! Having the schematic means I won't be venturing into uncharted territory. A picture is worth a thousand words.

I searched all over and just posted here as a last resort and was beginning to give up any hope of getting anything on this engine.
    Once again, many thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭sogood

I have been pottering away at my Microplus during my down time, after a very bust summer working away. The usual long "to do" list on so many other things has limited my time with the boat, but anyway..........

I fitted the "joists" for the rear deck area, made from 3/4" plywood and topped off with solid wood, screwed and glued. Inside the rear has been painted, just to freshen it up, with the aforementioned joists still to be painted.

Then I got some decking, about 6" wide and almost 2" deep. These I ripped into three sections and reduced the depth to just over 1". The decking is moulded, with nine ridges, so my boards are 3 ridges wide. Then some sanding and a coat of mahogany dye. When this has dried in fully, I will drill the boards and varnish them, about 3 coats, ready for fitting.

Some pics included to explain better. More to follow.

Advertisement