Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New home eFibre installation

Options
  • 12-12-2013 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

Hi 

Wonder if you can help.  I have a new house that needs a cable pulled through from the box outside the gate into the house.  I booked an eFibre installation, engineer was on site yesterday on time - looked at the job for quite a while but gave up as he couldn't figure out which of the pairs in the multicore running from the cabinet to the pavement box was for my house?

Anyway, that's fine - he said he'd make a note on the account and another engineer will be in touch, but I should call customer services in the meantime.  I did this immediately, and the guy on the phone gave me a case number.

Then today, I had a missed call from Eircom so called customer services again.  The guy I spoke to this time could see the engineer's notes, and said that as a cable needs to be pulled, he couldn't give me an installation date.  They would review it in ten working days time!

So basically as I understand it, the job needs an engineer with a wiring plan to come out, figure out which pair of the multicore is spare, then pull a cable from the pavement box to my house, join them all up and job's a good 'un.  

So if I can figure this out, why will it take Eircom ten working days before they will even schedule an appointment?

I'll happily PM account and/or order details if required...  Also is there any way you can influence my eventually-assigned phone number? :D

Thanks

Paul

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi 

Wonder if you can help.  I have a new house that needs a cable pulled through from the box outside the gate into the house.  I booked an eFibre installation, engineer was on site yesterday on time - looked at the job for quite a while but gave up as he couldn't figure out which of the pairs in the multicore running from the cabinet to the pavement box was for my house?

Anyway, that's fine - he said he'd make a note on the account and another engineer will be in touch, but I should call customer services in the meantime.  I did this immediately, and the guy on the phone gave me a case number.

Then today, I had a missed call from Eircom so called customer services again.  The guy I spoke to this time could see the engineer's notes, and said that as a cable needs to be pulled, he couldn't give me an installation date.  They would review it in ten working days time!

So basically as I understand it, the job needs an engineer with a wiring plan to come out, figure out which pair of the multicore is spare, then pull a cable from the pavement box to my house, join them all up and job's a good 'un.  

So if I can figure this out, why will it take Eircom ten working days before they will even schedule an appointment?

I'll happily PM account and/or order details if required...  Also is there any way you can influence my eventually-assigned phone number? :D

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul,

Ok no problem. If you would like to PM me your details I'll look this for you?

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭paulhardman

Thanks Tracey, PM sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Thanks Tracey, PM sent.

Ok Perfect, I'll come back to you soon.

Tracey

Hi Eircom Reps, I sent a PM on Monday regarding this previous request.  

I have heard nothing from anyone at Eircom apart from a call before Christmas saying that there was no update and no idea when there would be an update.  According to your PM the expectation was that the job would be complete by 10 January, which is only a couple of days away... can you please let me know if there is anything going on?

Thanks

Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭eircom: Aisling

Hi paulhardman

Apologies for the delay in replying to you. I am looking into this for you at the moment and will get back to you as soon as I have an update.

One again apologies for the delay.

Thanks
    Ash

• Advertisement

Just in case anyone is reading this thread...

5 December - order placed
    11 December - technician arrives, doesn't do anything, leaves
    Just before Xmas - call to advise there is no update
    9 January - I contact eircom, no update
    15 January - I contact eircom, no update
    27 January - I contact eircom, no update
    28 January - complaint registered with Comreg
    29 January - eircom acknowledge complaint from Comreg
    11 February - further complaint case raised
    11 February - case escalated to National TCC (whatever that is)
    24/25/26 February - original order cancelled by eircom (twice), new order placed by eircom
    7 March - KN Networks contact to arrange installation
    10 March - KN Networks arrive on time, line installed, phone working, eFibre not working (DSL connection OK, no Internet connection)
    10 March - 90 minute call to 1901, Loyalty Team advise that whole account needs to be cancelled, this may take up to 4 weeks
    11 March - Comreg confirm that no update has been received from eircom
    13 March - My work's Business Account Manager tries to find out more information, unable to locate account
    18 March - 30 minute call to 1901, Loyalty Team promise callback at 1000 tomorrow
    19 March - no callback, another call to 1901, another callback promised

So here we are, 104 days after placing the original order, and I'm still without eFibre...  What am I to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭roro2

Similar story here waiting for a line and eFibre, except I'm waiting since 5th November and I've probably called them twice the amount of times you have. Phone calls, complaints, ComReg - nothing, not even a call from them. They eventually tell me they hope to get around to it by the end of May as they have an "issue" with a cable.

Ridiculously, the only actual info I got was from a KN Networks technician who I found doing an unrelated installation on the road, who checked the cables and said everything was fine and it should have been sorted by Christmas!

Utter incompetence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Just in case anyone is reading this thread...

5 December - order placed
    11 December - technician arrives, doesn't do anything, leaves
    Just before Xmas - call to advise there is no update
    9 January - I contact eircom, no update
    15 January - I contact eircom, no update
    27 January - I contact eircom, no update
    28 January - complaint registered with Comreg
    29 January - eircom acknowledge complaint from Comreg
    11 February - further complaint case raised
    11 February - case escalated to National TCC (whatever that is)
    24/25/26 February - original order cancelled by eircom (twice), new order placed by eircom
    7 March - KN Networks contact to arrange installation
    10 March - KN Networks arrive on time, line installed, phone working, eFibre not working (DSL connection OK, no Internet connection)
    10 March - 90 minute call to 1901, Loyalty Team advise that whole account needs to be cancelled, this may take up to 4 weeks
    11 March - Comreg confirm that no update has been received from eircom
    13 March - My work's Business Account Manager tries to find out more information, unable to locate account
    18 March - 30 minute call to 1901, Loyalty Team promise callback at 1000 tomorrow
    19 March - no callback, another call to 1901, another callback promised

So here we are, 104 days after placing the original order, and I'm still without eFibre...  What am I to do?
    Hi Paul
    this makes bad reading and there can be no excuse for this lack of service. I have contact the relevant managers from all the sections which have been involved in your case and will do my best to get a speedy reply. I have also requested that you do receive your promised call back.
    I can see that the original issue was due the need to provide extra cableing and ducting to your address there but that does not excuse this time frame. Again, our apologies for this and I will be back as soon as I can.
    Tony

this makes bad reading and there can be no excuse for this lack of service. I have contact the relevant managers from all the sections which have been involved in your case and will do my best to get a speedy reply. I have also requested that you do receive your promised call back.
    I can see that the original issue was due the need to provide extra cableing and ducting to your address there but that does not excuse this time frame. Again, our apologies for this and I will be back as soon as I can.
    Tony
    Hi Tony

I did receive a callback yesterday to advise that my account would be cancelled yesterday and I should ring tomorrow (Friday) to start a new eFibre order!  However I was able to make a call from the phone this morning so I presume that nothing has happened.

I will ring the eFibre sales team tomorrow morning to place a new order.  If I am unable to do this, I don't know what I am supposed to do...

Paul

Tony
    Hi Tony

I did receive a callback yesterday to advise that my account would be cancelled yesterday and I should ring tomorrow (Friday) to start a new eFibre order!  However I was able to make a call from the phone this morning so I presume that nothing has happened.

I will ring the eFibre sales team tomorrow morning to place a new order.  If I am unable to do this, I don't know what I am supposed to do...

Paul
    Hi Paul
    I can confirm that order was cancelled to be processed again.
    If you leave this with us we will follow up on this for you. I have raised this at higher level and it will be resolved. At the moment I am waiting on confirmation that cancellation was fully processed, that new order is raised and that tech will be with you hopefully tomorrow.
    My apologies that this has been so difficult it does appear original order was corrupt, and did not cancel though agent had processed cancellation correctly.
    I will be back as soon as I can.
    Tony

• Advertisement

Hi Paul
    If you leave this with us we will follow up on this for you. I have raised this at higher level and it will be resolved. At the moment I am waiting on confirmation that cancellation was fully processed, that new order is raised and that tech will be with you hopefully tomorrow.
    My apologies that this has been so difficult it does appear original order was corrupt, and did not cancel though agent had processed cancellation correctly.
    Tony
    Hi Tony

Thanks for this - I don't think I need a tech, line is installed, new internal box is installed, eFibre modem is in place and getting sync of 44Mb down.  I just need someone to turn on whatever needs turning on in my account to allow the eFibre modem to connect.

Please confirm - that you will raise the new order and I don't need to contact eFibre sales tomorrow?

Paul

Hi Paul
    Tony
    Hi Tony

Thanks for this - I don't think I need a tech, line is installed, new internal box is installed, eFibre modem is in place and getting sync of 44Mb down.  I just need someone to turn on whatever needs turning on in my account to allow the eFibre modem to connect.

Please confirm - that you will raise the new order and I don't need to contact eFibre sales tomorrow?

Paul
    Hi Paul
    I can confirm
    [font=Tahoma","sans-serif]verify that previous orders have been ceased. A new account is being set up and will be escalated immediately, we will be able to get this sorted once and for all. You should also receive or have received a call from Morgan to follow up on this. We will be back as soon as we have further update.[/font]
    [font=Tahoma","sans-serif]Tony
    [/font]

Advertisement