Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

husqvarna 61 ....need parts

• 12-12-2013 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

I have an old 61 ( grey top) and the coil needs replacing .......new one on order from husqvarna for last 8 weeks and now told it will be well into new year before part comes from Sweden!!! ....has anyone a scraped one lying around or know anyone breaking one ....Clare/limerick area......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Have you tried other dealers??

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭mikeoh

monkeynuz wrote: »
    Have you tried other dealers??

Every last one !! The old saws had 2 coils in them ...every saw made in last 25 years has only one so part not being made only hope is to get a good second hand one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

ring Clarkes of Cavan, ask for Gordon Hastie .That's the branch in Cavan town, not New Inns. He has a half dozen parts saws lying around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

Liffey distributors 01 8242600

td5man wrote: »
    Liffey distributors 01 8242600

They are the main agent for Husky in Ireland, if dealers can't get them delivered from Sweden it is because Liffey can't get them :/

• Advertisement

Or search ebay. if nothing on ebay.co.UK, then try ebay.de search for
    "Zündspule / Zündmodul Husqvarna 61"

pick a seller who uses PayPal, if you'r not set up for internet banking and electronic transfer .

monkeynuz wrote: »
    They are the main agent for Husky in Ireland, if dealers can't get them delivered from Sweden it is because Liffey can't get them :/

The order is with these guys ...best they can do is mid January but that's what they said in October too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭mr lee

ebay is full of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

AFAIK their is two types of coil for this saw blue & black,I had to get one a few weeks months ago came to e135

mikeoh wrote: »
    The order is with these guys ...best they can do is mid January but that's what they said in October too

I understand that Mike, what I was saying was to the other guy who recommended Liffey.

Liffey are "Husqvarna" in Ireland, so any dealer phones Liffey up to order Husqvarna parts.

Or to put it more plainly.....Liffey are the Irish distributor of Husqvarna.

Hope this makes sense.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 145 ✭✭bigblackmug

you could buy one on ebay from the uk and have it within two or three days... and at a fraction of the cost.
    this is used in loads of partners/huskys and johnsereds.

mr lee wrote: »
    ebay is full of them
    ebay is full of the new type coils ....there are 3 different types !! mine not there ill try cavan and kerry in the morningchainsaw 3.jpg

chainsaw 2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭vinnie13

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

I have an old 61 ( grey top) and the coil needs replacing .......new one on order from husqvarna for last 8 weeks and now told it will be well into new year before part comes from Sweden!!! ....has anyone a scraped one lying around or know anyone breaking one ....Clare/limerick area......
    Are you 100% sure its the coil as i have had 3 saws sent to me this year from already inspected by tool hires and they all had it diagnosed as faulty coils and had quoted a huge estimate to repair, it was a flywheel in one case which had lost its magnetism ( it wouldn't start no spark ), a carb in another ( its problem was starting from hot ) and in the third saw it was a wire with internal break which was giving intermittent problems of starting, everyone seems to blame to coil for no spark, there are so much other factors and parts that could be at fault, i would borrow a coil off another saw to rule it out first.

Getting my hands on a second hand coil from UK so will know soon enough.....price of a new one is crazy alright..

Getting my hands on a second hand coil from UK so will know soon enough.....price of a new one is crazy alright..
    What exactly are the symptoms of your saw? has it zero spark or is it an intermittent problem or running rough?

WikiHow wrote: »
    What exactly are the symptoms of your saw? has it zero spark or is it an intermittent problem or running rough?

Hard to start hard to stop..........now won't start at all.....plenty compression

Hard to start hard to stop..........now won't start at all.....plenty compression
    Hard to stop wont be your coil anyway, kill switch/earthing wire or kill switch not earthing to saw is problem there, have you cleaned the primary air filter?
    It might not have one but i know alot of old huskys do.

Its with a good lad so will see when coil goes in....u know ur saws....I wouldn't part with the 61 she a powerful saw

Its with a good lad so will see when coil goes in....u know ur saws....I wouldn't part with the 61 she a powerful saw

• Advertisement

Mike, did all the grey top 61's come with a chain brake? I have a white top one, and its the one thing I miss on it. Great saw, as you say.

They were a big forester saw in their day, in rolled the 242s then and 254s and 254s air injection models, husqvarna were really on top of their game in that era, ur white top one is a german one but could stand corrected, it should have a chain brake, you can still purchase that part new and for reasonable money too.

Nope, never had a chain brake. 1984 saw, bought new. Serial number plate has 1984 019815 stamped on it, along with Electrolux Motor Sweden. Never knew they made them in Germany?

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Nope, never had a chain brake. 1984 saw, bought new. Serial number plate has 1984 019815 stamped on it, along with Electrolux Motor Sweden. Never knew they made them in Germany?
    They didnt either, i just came across a couple of saws imported from germany with white covers, i see a 36, 51 with white covers, maybe someone knows better on this.

Advertisement