Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Text from Ulster bank

Options
  • 12-12-2013 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭

I got a txt from ulster bank asking me to call them on a 1800 no., anyone else get this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭P_Cash

well. .. funny, i got the same from PTSB early this year,

i ignored it,

they eventually got me on the phone, said, your CC has been compromised and we will issue a new one.

asked me to keep an eye on the statement

turns out, someplace i used it had been broken in to the the details stolen with 100s of other cards details

no harm in giving them a buzz. more so the CC section

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Google the number - if it's UB, it should also be on their website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I had similar with Avant a few weeks ago. Visa had advised them my card may have been compromised.
    It was a pain until my new one arrived. I had payments in progress on my old card which got refused as it had been cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

turns out it was ulster bank, there was a problem with my direct debit for mortgage, I was going to ignore it as i find txts from banks a very dodgy way of communicating, thankfully I googled the number thanks to poster here and phoned, if not i would have ended up in arrears.

Advertisement