Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech alarm - smoke detector solid red light

Options
  • 12-12-2013 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi
    Could anyone help with this? The house alarm went off when I was out the other day and the message FIRE FIRE FIRE was displayed on the panel. There was no obvious smoke or fire but the smoke detector in the living room now has a solid red light and when I go to set the house alarm it says Z8 Down Smoke and won't let me proceed.

So it looks like I need to reset the smoke detector. How do I do this?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It needs to be reset. What alarm panel is it?
    If its a CS250 there is a fire reset in the user menu in settings.
    Another option is just twist it off the base & then put it back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Noise Annoys

Thanks KoolKid.

I'm not sure what alarm panel it is. All I see is SecureWatch HKC on the front.
    There isn't an instruction to get into Settings on the sticker inside the flip cover.

I did twist the smoke detector off the base and re-fitted it but the alarm went off and the red light returned.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It may be the unit is faulty and constantly staying open.
    You could disconnect it & close it off for now to let you use the alarm.
    Can you describe , or post a picture of the connections when you remove the detector from the base.

These is a pic of the detector when I take off the base

Have you other detectors on the same zone?
    Anyway disconnect the 2 yellows & join them together.

• Advertisement

There's another detector a few feet away in the kitchen. Light is showing nothing on that one. No solid or flashing red, just nothing. It's slightly detached from the ceiling too. I wonder if this is causing the problem?

Thanks for your help on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

4 and 5 are the alarm terminals. Basically the two yellows are the middle of an alarm loop. By joining these two together you are continuing the alarm circuit to the next device. With the sensor down and these not joined this zone should be showing open, with the two yellows joined together it should show them closed if no issue with the second smoke detector. There is no tamper on the smoke head so it slightly detached from the ceiling should not cause a tamper fault although I would fix it back on the ceiling correctly.

When you get a new smoke head then put the split the yellow cables again and put them back into 4 and 5 terminals then replace the sensor head.

Advertisement