Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half IM (or similar) all grouped together!!

Options
  • 12-12-2013 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Anyone else wonder why these races are all so close together - makes no sense to me!
    • 25th May - Lough Cutra half IM
    • 31st May - Tri Athy Double Oly
    • 7th June - Tri An Mhi half IM
    • 7th June - Tri Limits Half IM

Was looking for a half before Frankfurt but am on hols for a week between 31st May and 7th june which leave Lough Cutra. At 105 though is it a bit pricey?? I know what I paid for Frankfurt (ouch) but its a proven race, IM etc etc.

Between these and then Kenmare, Athlone, Groomsport, there is a great selection of half races but even these are the 3rd, 17th and 30th of August.

You could make a really good 'series' out of these and have a national middle distance ranking system out of it.

Spread them out though!!

Any views?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

agreed, was targeting kenmare as my first, but may not work out, so was looking for a backup on a more suitable date, and struggled. even the RD's should be thinking they;d get more traffic if they weren't bunched surely?

isn't shadowman july?

it's almost enough to convince me to go back to Lanzarote in Nov for the half there:)

Advertisement