Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

reasons to buy an apple tv?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

T-K-O wrote: »
    Would I be correct is saying that this only works onnewer macs?

Yes, but I cant remember the cutoff point but i think it's mid 2010 macs and later, but i'm not 100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

I know Airplay doesn't work on my 2008 Macbook, but I think because I'm only running Snow Leopard (OSX 10.6).

I would imagine anything running 10.7 onwards should be good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

For older mac use air parrot great app to mirror your desktop to tv via wifi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Gileadi wrote: »
    I know Airplay doesn't work on my 2008 Macbook, but I think because I'm only running Snow Leopard (OSX 10.6).

I would imagine anything running 10.7 onwards should be good

Unfortunately the o/s is not the issue. Older macs lack the necessary graphics hardware. Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭siralan

I received an apple tv box for xmas. I have a sky sports subscription and sky go downloaded on my ipad. Is it possible to watch a live game using this ??

I cant seem to get a straight answer online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

siralan wrote: »
    I received an apple tv box for xmas. I have a sky sports subscription and sky go downloaded on my ipad. Is it possible to watch a live game using this ??

I cant seem to get a straight answer online.

Not on your apple tv anyhow, sky have TVout & Airplay blocked with SkyGo (AFAIK)
    I use a website (paid, €6 a month) that streams in safari all the games from sky & bt & that website is setup for airplaying to ATV.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭siralan

Thanks for your help Barry. Can you tell me the name of the website you use , I would like to be able to watch sky sports without paying multiroom subscription

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

siralan wrote: »
    Thanks for your help Barry. Can you tell me the name of the website you use , I would like to be able to watch sky sports without paying multiroom subscription

I'd be interested in this too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

I bought one and requested a return to Apple 24 hours later.

Armonline wrote: »
    VLC runs fine over Airplay fom a mac. Sound is sent to TV speakers and video is fullscreen

Same with VLC on iPad

tried this again instead of itunes. the sound came out of my mac, not the tv. vlc and osx is up to date.

• Advertisement

Aodhagan wrote: »
    I bought one and requested a return to Apple 24 hours later.

......because.....?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

tried this again instead of itunes. the sound came out of my mac, not the tv. vlc and osx is up to date.

Works fine for me, try the audio setting on you mac and change output to Apple TV

Advertisement