Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why does Windows say my Security is turned off!

Options
  • 12-12-2013 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

I was checking which Windows i have, when on the XP thread
    & i noticed at Control Panel\System and Security\Action Center
    that it was saying both Windows Defender & AVG Antivirus 2014 protection is turned off, but on checking on AVG itself it says its fully protected!

I've enclosed both pics below:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Does anything happen when you click turn on now?

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

yoyo wrote: »
    Does anything happen when you click turn on now?

Nick

Action Center Dialog box prompts me to

'Do you want to run this program ?'

I click on 'Yes i trust the publisher to run this program'

I do that on Windows Defender & it updates itself & i exit out of that,
    I do the same for AVG, nothing happens, i still see the Turn on Now & then i see on the bottom RHS an updated message from AVG, i click on the Turn on Now, the same thing happens again?

But th

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Action Center Dialog box prompts me to

'Do you want to run this program ?'

I click on 'Yes i trust the publisher to run this program'

I do that on Windows Defender & it updates itself & i exit out of that,
    I do the same for AVG, nothing happens, i still see the Turn on Now & then i see on the bottom RHS an updated message from AVG, i click on the Turn on Now, the same thing happens again?

But th
    Is Windows fully up to date? Latest Service Pack 3 installed? It could be an issue with AVG not reporting it's status to XP correctly. Does the new version of AVG officially support XP?

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

yoyo wrote: »
    Is Windows fully up to date? Latest Service Pack 3 installed? It could be an issue with AVG not reporting it's status to XP correctly. Does the new version of AVG officially support XP?

Nick

I should have said this was the laptop with Windows 7, although i have been having an issue with Windows Updates as they're having trouble getting downloaded as i keep getting this message when the laptop restarts:

Failure configuring Windows updates Reverting Changes,
    Do not turn off your computer

Advertisement