Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ITU World Triathlon Series 2014: Auckland April 5/6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

0! 0 for my women!!! This sucks!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭BennyMul

Trig1 wrote: »
    Hi Bennymul
    So whats the story with next race...I'm going on hols son so might need to make my changes in the next week, how many changes can we make?

Enjoy your hols :D

You are allowed one Free switch per gender, however you can make as many as you like, just at a cost of 50 points per transfer.
    e.g. a full change
    2 free
    4 at a cost of 50 - total deduction of 200 points from the leader board.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭bopperr

Helen Jenkins should be added right? What value is up for debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

So are we all set for Cape Town this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

I'm looking forward to this one! Cold water (13deg I think) and Cape Town is so scenic.

On a different topic-just saw that Laurent Vidal had a cardiac arrest while training in France. He made it to hospital so hopefully will be okay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Just changed a couple of my selections - my points total is now "#N/A" - am I still good to go?

no changes for me. Happy to send my team into battle again. Wetsuit swim this time should make both races more competitive.

Jenkins needs a value though!!!, she will probably feature highly again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

Just changed a couple of my selections - my points total is now "#N/A" - am I still good to go?

same as that..

I will add Jenkins Monday, to make it fair for anyone who would have liked to select her, I will base the points on her last season.

also if in the places this weekend, I suggest we remove her and move everyone up one place.
    Sorry for the trouble.

Now to make a change myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

woody1 wrote: »

same as that..
    Just had a look - the error is because there is no result from Auckland for some of your athletes (Haus and Murray). Think if you add an athlete that doesn't have a result for a previous race it messes up the points column. Still good on the results tab

I added both of them as DNS's and it's working now.

• Advertisement

Cape Town Results up from the weekend, No change at the top but movement underneath.

please check your numbers as its Monday and only 4 cups of coffee so far, so not truly awake.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Pmaldini

Delighted I'm still hanging onto top spot BM, but can you advise why Rachel Klamer was deducted 50 points? I thought you only lost points for a DNF

Pmaldini wrote: »
    Delighted I'm still hanging onto top spot BM, but can you advise why Rachel Klamer was deducted 50 points? I thought you only lost points for a DNF

Complaining over 50 points with the lead you have, fore shame:D

Points updated, problem was down to a stupid copy\paste :o

BennyMul wrote: »
    Complaining over 50 points with the lead you have, fore shame:D

Points updated, problem was down to a stupid copy\paste :o

Hey, I need every points I can get, the injun's will be circling the wagon soon and i'll be in big trouble:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Bah didn't get around to changing the lineup, missed the boat on this one! Is it best 5 races like dem new rules ;). Gomez is on fire, just a class act. Great to watch. Then GJ running sub 33 :eek: If only herself and Mola could make and/or stash in the lead bike packs :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Trig1

Hi lads
    I don't wanna be a pain but I never changed my line up from the first line up but it looks like someone changed one of my guys to Conor Murphy- might be genuine mistake?

Hi lads
    I don't wanna be a pain but I never changed my line up from the first line up but it looks like someone changed one of my guys to Conor Murphy- might be genuine mistake?

Will change this back for you later on today Trig and adjust the points accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Hi lads

I wonder was that me :o

I thought I had changed Sexton to Murphy before the race but I still see Sexton on my list, so probably a little bit too much to be a coincidence

Apologies Trig

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Trig1

No Bother catweazle and I do think it was sexton I had- honest mistake....doesn't make much difference in the grand scheme of things with pmaldini so far ahead!! :)

Sexton updated for you, no difference to the points. :)

• Advertisement

bump .... yokohama on this weekend

I have added Helen Jenkins, I did not think it was fair to give her, her official ITU rankings considering her form so far.
    So give her 3500 points, this is mid way between Jodie Stimpson and Anne Haug (same as this years points)

any problems with this approach ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

I've made 2 swaps for the women's race today taking on Juri Ide and Nicky Samuels

I just changed the cells- is that all I need to do?

ah jaysus took murray out ! thought about putting in one of the japanese girls but thought better of it .. well at least jorgensen won..

bad day at the races for me, only 1 finisher in the mens race and my 3 girls were down the field a bit:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Cool to see the 5 fastest runners going off together and 3 men <30 is quick :eek: JG, Mr consistent is one tough nut! boring bike though, it was already a runner's sport but the likes of Tom Davidson makes it even more so

what is going on with the Brownlees? Serious enough drop off in form compared to last year. The form of the two spanish guys would be questionable if it wasn't for Murray also giving the brits a beating.

This was the first race this year where Mola & Murray had a chance on the run so I think its more important than ever to have a good swim. I would say this race will be in the minority of races this season where there is not a medium sized lead pack of men hitting T2 alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Stimpson "fascinates" me - from someone that I used to see Jenkins, Moffat etc toy with at races and seemed to be just a strong pro at a national level she has morphed into a serious player on the International stage.

I know she has switched coaches a few years back - is there anything else that brought on such an improvement mid point in her career - was she just semi pro a few years back?

Has always struck me as fragile mentally, based on nothing other than few interviews

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

http://www.triathlon.org/athletes/results/11385/jodie_stimpson

she obviously has become more consitent but was a under 23 world champ medalist as a junior ...
    and 26 is not really mid point in her carreer especially ( since she is producing top results since 2011) since you mention moffat.

it dosnt always happen overnight.
    catweazle wrote: »
    Stimpson "fascinates" me - from someone that I used to see Jenkins, Moffat etc toy with at races and seemed to be just a strong pro at a national level she has morphed into a serious player on the International stage.

I know she has switched coaches a few years back - is there anything else that brought on such an improvement mid point in her career - was she just semi pro a few years back?

Advertisement