Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from horseracing

Options
  • 12-12-2013 11:04pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 196 ✭✭

I have been banned from horseracing for absolutely no reason.

I just joined today after viewing a few tips. I have been looking at the forum for a few weeks and have seen the trouble on it.

From the moment I joined, other users accused me of being another poster. However I have never been a member of Boards.ie before.

I have been permanently banned from horseracing for no reason. I will be reporting this to site administration.

I will also mention what has happened on my horseracing blog.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 196 ✭✭Clonsuttonlad

Is this being looked into?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you discussed you ban with the mod that banned you, as required before you start a thread here? If you are unable to resolve your dispute via PM then one of the Sports CMods will have a look at it

Yes I have emailed Convert about it.

He has yet to get back to me. He is the mod who banned me.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You started this thread less than 15 minutes after you were banned. You are supposed to attempt to resolve your dispute with the mod before starting a thread here. The process is clearly shown in the chart at the top of the forum and within each thread

I would also point out that an Admin can review any decision should you wish, so I'm not sure what your threat of reporting this to site administration or indeed mentioning it in your blog is aimed at achieving. Any appeal will be judged on it's merits, but issuing threats like that will not count in your favour.

I will have a word with convert about this, and get back to you. Please bear in mind though that we are all volunteers and it can sometimes take some time to get the full background so please do not expect (or demand) swift responses. I will look to review all the relevant information and will also be getting the Admins to do some checks on your account

Thanks Beasty. I look forward to this being resolved.

• Advertisement

Sorry for the delay here, but as I've explained to the OP via PM we've had a problem with re-reg trolls in the Horse Racing forum in recent times, and I've been consulting with the Admins and local mods on this particular account.

We've satisfied ourselves that this is not a re-reg and I've overturned the ban

Sorry for the hassle caused to you Clonsuttonlad, but we did consider it necessary to get these checks done

This appeal can be marked resolved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement