Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 - (PS1)You cannot play this game at the current video output setting (80028f10)

Options
  • 13-12-2013 1:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

New to Playstation 3, so maybe some of you have come across this error in your many years with PS3.

Basically I'm in Korea, bought a PS3...changed it to English Language. Bought a HD TV, set to English Language (Not sure if PAL/NTSC is the big issue ...though it may be) I guess my console is US , and the game is European (I signed up to Irish PSN)

Anyways....normal PS3 games play fine in 1080i or 720p etc.

PS3 is connected to TV via HDMI.
    Though I do have the Playstation -> RCA (Red yellow white) cable in a drawer.

I bought Final Fantasy 8, but everytime I try play i get
    You cannot play this game at the current video output setting (80028f10)

I have tried all the graphics settings on the PS3 without any luck...

Anyone got any ideas or came across this before ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

Go to Display Settings then HDMI, choose Automatic. Then select 50hz. Apparently this works for some people experiencing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Tried it - no luck.

The game actually starts up when I have the telly set to 1080p ...

However, 1080p makes the screen flicker for some reason. Searching on google I found a lot of instances for flicker with 1080p but no solutions :(

Advertisement