Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

restoreing infected pc

Options
  • 13-12-2013 2:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I am looking to restore my machine back to a couple of months ago. Will it touch any of my files/folders? i'm under the impression that it will restore the configuration, registry and bios?

Maybe somebody can tell me whats wrong with it. It will not shut down 9 times out of ten i have to hold down the power button. It has connectivity issues amount other niggly problems. Its only a new machine running windows 8. i have kaspersky and also don't want to lose that as i have not got the product key anymore. Please help!

Is it possable i was sold a doggy laptop? I got it legit out of a retailer.

Distressed to bits as i got this for college and have no alternative and need to sort it!

In case you haven't realized im a newbie! go easy:-)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Upgrade to Windows 8.1 for free (through the Store app) and see if this helps. Also, make sure to run Windows Update, this may sort the connectivity and shut down issues which are possibly driver related. What is the exact problem with the laptop? Is it virus infected, or just not functioning as expected? System restore will not delete any files/content on the machine, but as always it's a good idea to backup everything before hand.

Nick

Advertisement