Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joey Jordison leaves Slipknot

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

i guess a name change to 'halfknot' is on the cards

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

According to Corey Taylor, Slipknot ARE NOT falling apart after Joey Jordison's departure
    For those who think The Knot are falling apart, you are greatly and sadly mistaken.
    Bring On 2014.
    Great Things Are Coming.
    Stay Tuned...

http://loudwire.com/corey-taylor-slipknot-not-falling-apart/

Guess it's wait and see with Slipknot

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

He's over rated imo anyway,far better drummers out there than him,I love his drumming on there debut album though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    According to Corey Taylor, Slipknot ARE NOT falling apart after Joey Jordison's departure

http://loudwire.com/corey-taylor-slipknot-not-falling-apart/

Guess it's wait and see with Slipknot

I don't know why this has even been raised. People die/leave bands all the time, drummers and bassists are very easily replaced and you can be damn sure Shawn Crahan won't be letting this cash cow go for another while yet.

Corey Taylor leaving/dying would be the real end of Slipknot.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I saw a petition thing to get Kerim Lechner who drummed for Decapitated and Behemoth before to replace him, and a lot of folks got annoyed at the idea. I actually spotted it first on Behemoth's twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

Just seen a message posted by Joey on his Facebook page saying he didn't quit. Can't link or copy and past because I'm on my phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

St. Jimmy wrote: »
    Just seen a message posted by Joey on his Facebook page saying he didn't quit. Can't link or copy and past because I'm on my phone.

How sad, there was me thinking his crimes against music were coming to an end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

St. Jimmy wrote: »

So he was kicked out...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Guardian reporting as much.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/jan/02/slipknot-joey-jordison-didnt-quit-band

So basically there are legal issues afoot as already hinted at by Corey.

Joey's statement from his Facebook
    To my fans, friends, and associates...

I would like to start the New Year by addressing the recent rumors and speculation regarding my departure from Slipknot. I want to make it very clear that I DID NOT QUIT SLIPKNOT. This band has been my life for the last 18 years, and I would never abandon it, or my fans. This news has shocked and blindsided me as much as it has all of you. While there is much I would like to say, I must remain silent to further details at this time. I would like to thank you all for your unwavering love and support, and wish everyone a very happy and healthy New Year.

2014 is going to be a dramatic year for Slipknot, between a new album and Joey basically being pushed out - sh1t's goin to hit the fan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Angron wrote: »
    I saw a petition thing to get Kerim Lechner who drummed for Decapitated and Behemoth before to replace him, and a lot of folks got annoyed at the idea. I actually spotted it first on Behemoth's twitter.

check out his demo drum covers he uploaded, he would be a damn good replacement!!

Get that guy behind the kit for Slipknot, holy sh1t he'd be a brilliant replacement for Joey

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Guardian reporting as much.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/jan/02/slipknot-joey-jordison-didnt-quit-band

So basically there are legal issues afoot as already hinted at by Corey.
    What a sad ass bunch of comments below the line there.
    "I don't know what metal is so he must be a rubbish musician. Not like Radiohead and The White Stripes, who are the bestest ever and I love them they are so rock n roll."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

That is some awesome drumming :O He'd be a perfect replacement for joey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Strange that after a month we've still heard nothing from either camp about what happened, not even a decent rumour mill is going.

All we've had so far is that one comment from Joey on his Facebook, and nothing else so far.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Strange that after a month we've still heard nothing from either camp about what happened, not even a decent rumour mill is going.

All we've had so far is that one comment from Joey on his Facebook, and nothing else so far.

Well if a legal gagging order is in place, not much can be said, though i'm guessing something's been done in secret

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I've been really curious as to what's happened here. It's just very bizarre from where I'm sitting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Where are you sitting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

frag420 wrote: »
    Where are you sitting?

On the Slipknot drum stool?

On the Slipknot drum stool?

Time will tell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I don't think we'll ever get the full story to this.

Maybe he ****ed one of their wives or something.

Maybe he ****ed one of their wives or something.

An unconfirmed source has speculated that the baby Paul Grey's widow was pregnant with at the time of his death was actually fathered by Joey

In her defense the wife said she always had trouble telling them apart when they were masked and didn't really get the whole numbering system...

You'd want to be careful...British tabloids could have a field day with that one :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

An unconfirmed source has speculated that the baby Paul Grey's widow was pregnant with at the time of his death was actually fathered by Joey

In her defense the wife said she always had trouble telling them apart when they were masked and didn't really get the whole numbering system...

You'd want to be careful...British tabloids could have a field day with that one :p
    Oooff....that taste in my mouth...it's pretty poor right about now...funny, but poor :P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

But Joey is about 5'4" and Paul was what, 5'10"???

scudzilla wrote: »
    But Joey is about 5'4" and Paul was what, 5'10"???

Joey's 5'5'' if memory serves me correctly, and Corey Taylor has shot down the myth regarding Joey 'wrote everything' in Slipknot

http://loudwire.com/corey-taylor-dispels-myth-joey-jordison-wrote-slipknot/

Someone who can play the old stuff but bring something new to it...?
    Expecting alot aren't they.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

Someone who can play the old stuff but bring something new to it...?
    Expecting alot aren't they.

I'm not sure how they can bring something new to the table. Unless they mean "play the songs, but play them with enthusiasm".

I think Corey was just jealous because Joey was the talented one. I know, I know...and I've even met Corey...he's a lovely bloke, but let's face it, I think he'd rather be fronting Accept or The Scorpions than a band like Slipknot...especially when some of the best performances he gives in his life are like this....

The talented one?

Not all of them shine in Slipknot but there's no way you can attribute all of the bands talent to Jordison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

The talented one?

Not all of them shine in Slipknot but there's no way you can attribute all of the bands talent to Jordison.

Jordisons drumming hurts my ears. Corey is a very talented singer,it's a pity about Paul dying also, as he was a fantastic Bass Player.

I'd love to see someone like Gene Hoglan drum for them.

Advertisement