Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perineal urethrostomy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I did write a reply here but boards dun goofed and it disappeared! :pac:

That kitchen paper thing sounds like a great idea, I'll give it a try later on when he's having some cone free time. I was worried about him again yesterday as his urine was really bloody but it's clear again today so he must have just irritated his bladder with the catheter or something, little goose. And we are starting physio tomorrow so he's really looking forward to it :P

Sorry to hear about Milo! Abcesses are no fun, when one of my other cats Peach had one she used to love rubbing the wound all over everything getting pus everywhere. 'Twas just lovely!

Dude did his first non constipated poop this morning. The stink!!! But hopefully a good sign! I'll update after we have physio today :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

Yay! I'm soo glad to hear that! All fingers & toes crossed for Dude!

No physio today as the nurse forgot to being the machine to the other clinic but we have an appointment Wednesday with the vet anyway so will do it then :)

Dude loved his physio, it was a little machine that was out under his back end for 15 mins and he slept through nearly all of it! So another session on Monday and he is getting the catheter out then to see how things go.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Dude loved his physio, it was a little machine that was out under his back end for 15 mins and he slept through nearly all of it! So another session on Monday and he is getting the catheter out then to see how things go.

Saw his photo on facebook and he looked so chilled out!

He was very chilled, after it was done and the machine was moved he did a huge stretch and looked at is as if to say hey where'd it go?! :D

Dude did some pee over the catheter, as in it leaked out from him beneath where the catheter goes in so now I'm worried it's come loose even though it's stitched, or maybe it means his bladder is coming back... Don't know what to think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Please god hell be ok. Jesus Christ he's not even my cat and my nerves are shot for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭taytobreath

It must be costing you a fortune in vet bills... how much, if you dont mind sharing

• Advertisement

It's cost roughly €500 so far, but thankfully both myself and my mam gave up smoking in November so we had enough money as we weren't spending it on cigarettes! We were going to save it up and go on a shopping weekend to London but dude is more important :)

Edit: just asked my mam, it's €535 so far!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭taytobreath

It's cost roughly €500 so far, but thankfully both myself and my mam gave up smoking in November so we had enough money as we weren't spending it on cigarettes! We were going to save it up and go on a shopping weekend to London but dude is more important :)

You're a good ould soul SillyMangoX, You and your mam will only have good luck for this caring nature you have for animals.

Dude has discovered he can reach his catheter with his front paw :( think I'm going to have to put a baby grow on him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I just saw his pic on Facebook, he looks impressed with the new outfit!
    He's such a cute and cheeky chap, hope his recovery continues.

I'll be posting up another picture later, the baby grow didn't work it was really upsetting him because when he was walkingn it would pull the end of it forward and tug the catheter, so now my mam is gone shopping for either nappies or kids knickers :pac: I told her to get the most flamboyantly girly ones possible just to embarrass him! I did cut up some underwear and sew it smaller but I'm not good at sewing so it was completely lopsided. I did get his waist measurement right though!!

He took the arm off me trying to get the knickers on him but I think bob the builder suits him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

You should try those pants pet shops have for dogs in heat, it might work?

SingItOut wrote: »
    You should try those pants pet shops have for dogs in heat, it might work?

I was going to get one but they only had them for large dogs in stock! I know you can get things called stud pants for cats, it's to stop entire males spraying, which would fit the bill perfectly but I haven't seen any in pet shops. The catheter is coming out Monday anyway so ill just keep a good eye on him tonight and tomorrow :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

I was going to get one but they only had them for large dogs in stock! I know you can get things called stud pants for cats, it's to stop entire males spraying, which would fit the bill perfectly but I haven't seen any in pet shops. The catheter is coming out Monday anyway so ill just keep a good eye on him tonight and tomorrow :)

Aw no that's a pain! I had the same problem trying to find Moones size (thank god she and the newbie are getting spayed next month!)

Fingers crossed everything goes well for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Nappies for newborns are good for an incontinent kitty - you can even cut a hole in them for the tail. :)

Hopefully the catheter's coming out for good on Monday though, and no need to be stocking up on nappies. :)

• Advertisement

boomerang wrote: »
    Nappies for newborns are good for an incontinent kitty - you can even cut a hole in them for the tail. :)

Hopefully the catheter's coming out for good on Monday though, and no need to be stocking up on nappies. :)

We got the newborn nappies today too, those did not go down well at all, there was nappy fluff all over the room by the time he was done!! :pac:

Was trying to take a cute picture of him licking his cone, and he instead demonstrated that he's found a new way of grabbin his catheter by lying on his side -.- he won't leave the undies or the nappies on so tomorrow I think I'm going to have to bandage his back end, it's the only way I can think of to stop him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

Was trying to take a cute picture of him licking his cone, and he instead demonstrated that he's found a new way of grabbin his catheter by lying on his side -.- he won't leave the undies or the nappies on so tomorrow I think I'm going to have to bandage his back end, it's the only way I can think of to stop him!

that could be a good sign that he is getting sensation back in her his rear end

jimf wrote: »
    that could be a good sign that he is getting sensation back in her his rear end

He definitely has sensation, he can feel everything bar the tip of his stump, but unfortunately that doesn't indicate whether the bladder is still paralysed or not. He's been so bold tonight, I couldn't get him to settle at all and me kept lunging at me and biting me, I was getting very upset with him but then I discovered what was wrong, he had to take a giant poop! Now he's sound asleep and I'm wide awake. Typical!

Very much looking forward to Dudes come coming off tomorrow, as is he I'm sure! He's even more determined today to get at his catheter so once it's gone we will have a bit more freedom!

The catheter is out so now we need a lot of prayers coming our way. He has 24 hours to do something!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

we will all be rooting for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Keeping everything crossed for him!!!!!

He's being very rude, he's so happy that he's able to lick himself down there that he's been doing it for about 10 mins! He was also very cute at the vets, he did his little 'brrrrr' greeting sound to her, that's normally only reserved for me and Cream!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

Everything crossed for Dude! Come on little one, you can do it.

Advertisement