Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perineal urethrostomy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

Everything crossed. Come on Dude! PLEASE!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Best of luck dude, fingers and toes crossed here for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

fingers crossed for Dude!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Never have so many of us so badly wanted a cat to pee:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

I've watched films that are have less 'edge of the seat waiting'!

C'mon Dude!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

He sat down on the floor and when he got up there was a bit of wet there... So I think there is pee in him now he just needs to realise that he has to let it out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Come on Dude!
    Give us a puddle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Oh Dude please please pee................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭taytobreath

make a wee wee dude

Squatted a couple of times but nothing came out, when he licks himself down there a drop or 2 will come out though so I'm hopeful that as his bladder fills he may pass some willingly. I kept putting him in the tray to try get him to go, he ended up falling asleep in it :pac: so I moved him to the couch and he's having a much needed cone free nap :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Squatted a couple of times but nothing came out, when he licks himself down there a drop or 2 will come out though so I'm hopeful that as his bladder fills he may pass some willingly. I kept putting him in the tray to try get him to go, he ended up falling asleep in it :pac: so I moved him to the couch and he's having a much needed cone free nap :)

Keeping everything crossed for Dude here too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Everything crossed for Dude here, never has anyone been so anxious waiting for a cat to pee :D Even the OH who's neither on here nor is following your page on facebook asked me the other day how dude was :D

He was lying down in his tray again so I decided to stimulate him like you would a newborn kitten and he did a little squirt. Not much but more than before!

A stream!!! Only while he's licking himself, but still!

Edit: I stood him over the tray and stimulated him again with a wet wipe and 2 little streams!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

Yay ! Its a start and pee comes out whichever way :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

We love streams! :D

PS I NEVER thought I'd see the day that a cat who I've never met before, and indeed, whose bladder I've never met before, would capture my attention so much :P

Everyone who meets him loves him, and even those who don't meet him :P all the patients at my mams work have been praying for him, if he gets through this I think I'll bring him into them for a visit :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Everyone who meets him loves him, and even those who don't meet him :P all the patients at my mams work have been praying for him, if he gets through this I think I'll bring him into them for a visit :)

when my dog was really ill, my mother was praying to St Francis of Assissi (Patron saint of animals?) for him!!!!
    How is he doing today? He must be so happy to have the cone off

He didn't pass too much over night, a couple of drops here and there but nothing major. He's in great form, got a lovely wake up call of him bringing over a packet of food and dropping it on my face. I guess that means it's breakfast time!

Come on Dude, give us another stream !!!

• Advertisement

We rang the vet and told them that he's leaving puddles when he licks himself, and will drip when I stimulate him and they said as long as he is passing something to just keep an eye on bladder size to make sure he doesn't rupture and is emptying adequately, so I think we will have at least another day out of him!

Thanks for keeping us updated in what must be such a heartbreaking difficult time between hope and despair.
    Everything crossed Dude gets his peeing going big time - please Dude, for all of us?

Aah boards is back! I got Dude mostly empty earlier by sitting him over the litter tray and stimulating him like a kitten, he was passingn good streams and starting to squat but still can't actually pass anything without help. But at least he's not completely locked up this time so we're going to the vet in the morning to see if his bladder is being emptied enough for it to be viable for is to keep going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

Good luck tomorrow Dude! Always check this thread to see how he is doing, I have been filling in.my housemate (and the cat) on progress! You'd swear I knew ye!
    Hope the streams come without stimulating asap

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

he was passingn good streams

Yayyy! More streams!

:-D

Aah boards is back! I got Dude mostly empty earlier by sitting him over the litter tray and stimulating him like a kitten, he was passingn good streams and starting to squat but still can't actually pass anything without help. But at least he's not completely locked up this time so we're going to the vet in the morning to see if his bladder is being emptied enough for it to be viable for is to keep going.
    Hope all goes well today, keeping everything crossed for him:)

I let him out of his crate this morning, he jumped up on the bean bag, squatted, and left a little puddle!!! Now he didn't do enough to empty his bladder but it's a big step in the right direction!

I let him out of his crate this morning, he jumped up on the bean bag, squatted, and left a little puddle!!! Now he didn't do enough to empty his bladder but it's a big step in the right direction!
    Ahh, that's great, probably take a little while to get used to having the cathether out too:)

We're out from the vets, his bladder isn't emptying fully so there is still a risk of back flow getting into his kidneys so I've to keep a close eye on him to make sure he doesn't get sick, but she said that so long as he's in good spirits and we can keep some urine coming out of him that there could still be some chance of recovery so to hold tough and give him as long as we can. So as long as he's not suffering we will hang on and try for as long as we can!

• Advertisement

Keep up the good spirits! You are doing an amazing job helping Dude all you can! Come on, Dude, just a little more to go ...

Advertisement