Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perineal urethrostomy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Agree 100%. He is a very lucky little cat.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Never have so many been so happy over a cat peeing indoors as in this thread :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Got more streams out of him by stimulating and he jumped up on the beanbag and did another giant pee all on his own :) this was after I brought him out for a walk on lead and harness so I figure the outdoors may have inspired him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

Yay - that's great news indeed :). You must be so relieved!

morgana wrote: »
    Yay - that's great news indeed :). You must be so relieved!

I really am! We're nowhere near out of the woods yet but compared to 5 weeks ago it's moving forward!

• Advertisement

Hehehee another solo pee but this time in the litter tray. This is my face -> :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I don't know whether it applies to cats but I seem to vaguely recall hearing/reading somewhere that in humans when they've been catheterized for some time, it takes a while for the bladder muscles to get back to normal after they've been unused for a while.

Anyway, great news !! Buffy and Holly send their congratulations :D

Alun wrote: »
    I don't know whether it applies to cats but I seem to vaguely recall hearing/reading somewhere that in humans when they've been catheterized for some time, it takes a while for the bladder muscles to get back to normal after they've been unused for a while.

Anyway, great news !! Buffy and Holly send their congratulations :D

Yeah it's the same with cats so I was afraid that it would end up locking again but as long as he keeps this up I think we will be good :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Hehehee another solo pee but this time in the litter tray. This is my face -> :D

I want to thank this post a thousand times :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

ah thats brilliant news you have both been through a lot

sleep to nite if you can remember what it is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Wonderful news, time is a great healer and isn't patience a virtue.
    Well done dude and co.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

His system is bound to be a bit out of whack after all the antibiotics too. I used to take long term high dose antibiotics and it made me feel awful and affected my tummy and can cause yeast infections as well. So it may just be a case of waiting for all that to settle. I give Jazzy plain natural bio yoghurt. He loves it and laps it off the spoon as well as licking the carton. He sits and watches me eating it and climbs on my lap to try to get it out of my mouth. Maybe you could try him with some to build up the good bacteria.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Great news, and a big sigh of relief!

You do know that you can NEVER complain ever again, if he pee's someplace he shouldnt!

Even if he pees on my head I wouldn't care once it's coming out of him :pac:

Thank god I had an incontinance sheet under him on the couch, he licked himself down there and the flow!:O it was like a river coming out of him! He was empty when I let him out of his crate this morning the litter tray was full of sawdust (we use wood pellets) so he must have used it overnight :)

LOl, great news though! I suppose you don't have to worry about not all of it coming out any more :D

morgana wrote: »
    LOl, great news though! I suppose you don't have to worry about not all of it coming out any more :D

Well his bladder still isn't empty after that flow, but the last few days it's been rock hard and this morning it was nice and soft so it should make things a bit easier!

I brought him out for a little walk today on his harness, he did 3 little pees outside :) still not emptying fully though... but still hoping we will get there eventually!

He emptied his bladder all by himself overnight! The sound of him peeing actually woke me up it was so loud. So now as a treat for emptying all by himself he's allowd in bed with me, so I'm currently being kneaded to death!

He emptied his bladder all by himself overnight! The sound of him peeing actually woke me up it was so loud. So now as a treat for emptying all by himself he's allowd in bed with me, so I'm currently being kneaded to death!

isn't it well for some in bed at 11.30 am :eek::eek: would you not get up and let dude have his rest after all that hard work during the night

that's brilliant news :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Fantastic news!!! enjoy your 'rest':p

jimf wrote: »
    isn't it well for some in bed at 11.30 am :eek::eek: would you not get up and let dude have his rest after all that hard work during the night

I'm only still in bed because a certain brown fuzzy creature insisted on staying up till 5am playing with my toes :pac: :pac:

I'm only still in bed because a certain brown fuzzy creature insisted on staying up till 5am playing with my toes :pac: :pac:

would you have it any other way :)

:D:D :D So happy to hear that - give Dude a cuddle from me :P

I brought out his litter trays to clean them and he obviously thought they were gone forever as he squatted down and peed on the floor :pac: my mam started to give out and then went "oh wait what am I saying? Well done!!!" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Best news I have heard in a long time. That little cat has had his fan base so worried. Well done Dude:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

I just wanted to say SllymangoX I havnt posted until now but Ive followed this thread from the very start. Checked Dudes progress every day with my heart in my mouth and I am just so happy to see how well he is now! Its all brilliant news now. Just to say as well your care for him has been amazing!

maggiepip wrote: »
    I just wanted to say SllymangoX I havnt posted until now but Ive followed this thread from the very start. Checked Dudes progress every day with my heart in my mouth and I am just so happy to see how well he is now! Its all brilliant news now. Just to say as well your care for him has been amazing!

+ 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I'm so glad he's doing so well, amazing recovery!
    Just goes to show what a bit of patience and love will do.
    Dude is a little miracle, and you are a wonderful cat slave.x

• Advertisement

I'm just so glad we didn't give up after giving him only a week to recover. It's lucky really that I failed my last exam because if I had passed, graduated and got a job I wouldn't have been able to give him the time he needed to get this far. Everything happens for a reason! And I have to say the support from everyone, here, my vets and on my cats Facebook page has been amazing, and I love being able to give everyone good news for a change. So far today he's done 3 pees on the floor and one in his tray, proper ones not just little squirts, and I haven't had to help him out at all. I even had a friend over for the first time since the start of December today as I couldn't really have many people over while he was bad (Bar Christmas). Things are definitely looking up but I still don't want to count my chickens, he could still take a turn for the worse/get a uti/go into kidney failure/have long term bladder problems, so we will still just take things one day at a time and count every day we have with him as a blessing!

Advertisement