Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Student Overdraft

Options
  • 13-12-2013 5:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Just wondering about a student overdraft with Ulster Bank, have an account with them since first year - am in fourth year now and my course lasts for roughly another 12 months. Need an overdraft for about €500 to pay off my credit card and to pay back my sister money I borrowed, basically just to get back on top of bills for the minute and then to have as a bit of a security net after that.

I don't work regularly enough to provide them with how much I will earn in a certain timeframe but I will be getting paid from the end of May from my college course, not much though. My Dad gives me an allowance every month and this is my main source of income.

The thing that's worrying me a bit is that I have 3 direct debits with them and one of them has come back returned unpaid a few of times, but I've always paid it by credit card and paid the unpaid outwards charge pretty much straight away (it took me ages to get the date changed from a couple of days before I get paid to the middle of the month).

Wondering what my chances of being approved are, both my parents are customers with the bank but really don't want to ask them to go guarantor on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Unpaids on your account are a strict no no when if comes to asking about more lending. However as a student there will be a degree of flexibility and depending on you personal circumstances it might be allowed. I am afraid only UB can really give you an answer on this.

Advertisement