Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 month old not settled at night

• 13-12-2013 8:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

Hi

My 5 and a half month pup has this week started barking and won't settle at night. Last night he baked for an hour after we put him to bed. He sleeps in the kitchen in a bed, has done since we got him at 2 months. But since Monday, he hasn't been happy.

Last night he was falling asleep on the soda with me and I put him to bed, but he wouldn't sleep and even looked like something was bothering him. He would get out of bed and go under the table, then chase me when I left the room and bang on the door. He eventually settled after I went to him for 30 mins.

I know I should leave him, but after an hour, I can imagine how asked the neighbours are, never mind me.

It's never been like this, and all I can think of us we put up the Christmas tree!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Student2014

folan wrote: »
    He eventually settled after I went to him for 30 mins.

Sounds like he just want to be read a bed time story and be petted until he settles down. Pups have feelings too ya know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

Sounds like he just want to be read a bed time story and be petted until he settles down. Pups have feelings too ya know!

i had done all that and he was dozing on the sofa beside me. its only when hes left in the kitchen. which he never minded till this week

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Any change in routine going on? Is his toileting the same as always? Or are there runny poops, or a rumbling tummy or flatulence, or more peeing than normal?
    Or anything else different, even something small?
    A sudden change in normal behaviour is usually indicative of an underlying medical issue. It is very often the case that there's a low-lying infection that isn't really showing much in the way of symptoms... Other than the behaviour change. You also say that pup was acting like something was bothering him.
    It could also be something like night-time noises are waking him and scaring him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

DBB wrote: »
    Any change in routine going on? Is his toileting the same as always? Or are there runny poops, or a rumbling tummy or flatulence, or more peeing than normal?
    Or anything else different, even something small?
    A sudden change in normal behaviour is usually indicative of an underlying medical issue. It is very often the case that there's a low-lying infection that isn't really showing much in the way of symptoms... Other than the behaviour change. You also say that pup was acting like something was bothering him.
    It could also be something like night-time noises are waking him and scaring him.

No change in routine, i come home from work, have dinner, bring him for a walk, relax in house as usual. thats his evening routine during the week. it hasnt changed this week, and when it does i make an extra effort to stay with him later so he has some company.

hopefully it isnt an illness, he has a vets appointment next week, so i guess ill see then.

the house is a bit noisy, the floorboards creek upstairs, but thats never bothered him before. theres no drafts that i know of in the kitchen, he sometimes gets spooked by the chimney though. I was thinking it might be the light, its dark, but maybe i should get better blinds for the kitchen?

Advertisement