Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEPA Fields

Options
  • 13-12-2013 8:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,382 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I see you have SEPAised 365.

Can you provide me with a key to map your field names with their ISO20022 names.  It gets confusing when using multiple banks and they all use their own internal names rather than the proper ones.  Do you have any plans to use the proper ISO names, or at lease give them correctly in each of the popups?

Your handling of ultimate fields is confusing; it appears your are just displaying them on Credits and it is not clear if these refer to the ‘Ultimate Debtor’ or ‘Ultimate Creditor’ for the transaction.  Should you not be displaying both ultimate debtor and creditor for each transaction, clearly grouped them together or better still only display and allow the user to drilldown down to see all the fields if they are used?

Are you not going to display the address fields?

On the Remittance field, if it not shown if this Unstructured or Structured Remittance information and the field does not appear long enough to display 140 characters or multiple lines of invoice information.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Tow,

Thanks for your post.

You’ve asked us some detailed questions. We would not be in a position to go into that level of detail. 365 Online is fully compliant with international standards and meets SEPA requirements. There are no plans to make further changes to the website.

If there is something in particular with your SEPA transaction history that you do not understand, please call BOI365 and a representative will be more than happy to assist you.

Thanks
    Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,382 ✭✭✭Tow

You’ve asked us some detailed questions. We would not be in a position to go into that level of detail.

Hi Billy,

Can you forward my questions to someone who understands your systems?

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Hi Billy,

I have attached a screen shot of what 365 displays for credits.

284548.jpg

So lets make a start on the main field which in this case contains the text "REVENUE TAX CREDIT GP"

It appears twice once on the 'statement' with "GP" at the end and the field 365 calls "Payment Reference", which has the ‘help tip’ “This text will be visible to the person or company you are paying, it can contain letters or numbers.” 

Looking at your own SEPA file specs and IPSOs, this would appear to be the “End To End Identification” field.  Am I correct, if so where does the “GP” come from and what does “GP” mean?

I know you said BOI were not going to change the text, but it clear from the ‘help tip’ (as I am not making a payment) your quality control team needs to do a bit more work.  So I ask again, Can you please make sure they at least include the standard ISO names in all the other ‘help tips’ at the same time they fix this bug?

BTW We (work) got phoned with a complaint from a BOI manager re the number of queries we make re credits we can't recognise...  So while BOI staff may think their customers have nothing better to do but annoy them with questions, this is far from the truth.  Your customers just want you to provide a quality service, at a reasonable cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Tow,

Thanks for your post.

Bank of Ireland complies with the Irish Payment Services Organisation’s (IPSO) industry agreement for SEPA credit transfers by providing the ‘Payer’s Reference’ in the statement narrative. ‘GP’ is used to identify SEPA credit transfers received from other banks.

The ‘payment reference’ field is the End-To-End ID sent by the payment originator. All extended payment information on 365 online is fully compliant with SEPA requirements.

Thank you for your feedback in relation to the ISO tag names which I will pass on to relevant teams.

Thanks,

Billy

Hi Billy,

Are both the 'Payer's Reference' and 'Payment Reference' actually the 'End To End Identification' field.  Do you see how confusing it is gets when a bank has their own name for a field, rather than the ISO Field Names.  BTW the tag names are shortened versions of the names. Page 17 of SEPA SPEC the gives the End To End Identification as <EndToEndId>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi,

That's correct Tow, both fields contain the 'End to End Indentification' field.

Thanks,
    Tara

Advertisement