Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Christmas presents

• 13-12-2013 8:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭

I thought it would be interesting to start a thread on GAA Christmas presents you plan on buying yourself or for someone else.

So to get the ball rolling
    Bought my dad a book called Breaking Balls: The funny side of the GAA
    Will get the new Waterford jersey
    Also bought a dvd of Waterfords minor hurling victory

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Dropped hints to the missus to get a season ticket. When I say I dropped hints what I mean is I told her I want it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Got the godson one of them Hurl ógs. Start em young, he's not even 1 yet :) It'll go well with the Cork jersey I got him when he was born :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I bought two copies of Liam Hayes book 'Heffo' for two GAA mad cousins. As it was part of Easons 'Buy Two books & get a the third one free' deal, I was able to get a third book for another family member for 'nowt. Easons is a good place to go, if you are buying more than one book for people. :)

I've another cousin expecting a baby in the Spring. I'm very conflicted on getting him/her the new AIG Dubs gear in a baby size. It's fierce expensive for something that they'll only be able to wear for a couple of months. :confused: I know I sound like a terrible cheapskate, but I'm not really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

ProudDUB wrote: »

I've another cousin expecting a baby in the Spring. I'm very conflicted on getting him/her the new AIG Dubs gear in a baby size. It's fierce expensive for something that they'll only be able to wear for a couple of months. :confused: I know I sound like a terrible cheapskate, but I'm not really.

When i said above that i got the godson a Cork jersey when he was born I got him the 6-12 months version. That way it was thrown on him for a few photos there and then but his parents were able to use it all through the summer whenever Cork were involved in a match so basically he got a good run out of it and i'd say it still fits tbh.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I got 2 of the signed Clare hurleys from handcrafthurleys.ie for my daughter's 2 grand fathers. I've dropped hints for the Clare DVDs as well, I'd love a season ticket but I don't think I'll be getting to any matches next year :(

I got m daughter a pink Clare Jeryey last year, the pink range are really cute for girls, especially with her name on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Smith614

Handcrafthurleys.ie are really over doing this signed craic. it was cool to see a signed hurley etc but not its overkill with that crew. Its starting to look tacky.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

http://www.gagababy.ie/ does lovely baby-gros and also aprons for adults in co. colours. They have chopping boards and mini-hurleys too.
    http://mariaslittlewrappers.com does chocolate in co. wrappers and mugs in co. colours ,have invested a bit here for this year.

http://www.thegaastore.com/en/County-Pyjamas/c-2437.aspx has kids' pjs in county colours and adult onesies.

Advertisement