Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Data corrupted on USB key

Options
  • 13-12-2013 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

I accidentally deleted a folder on my USB key and could not find it in the Recycle Bin or any other location to undo my mistake (Win7)

I searched online and found a solution,iCare Data Recovery http://www.icare-recovery.com/

So, without removing the USB key I ran the application and the folder and it's contents appeared to be restored.
    Problem is that the files within are completely corrupted. I cannot open an Excel file with Excel. When I open it with notepad the contents are total garbage but snippets of the data are recognisable as being a completely different .txt file.

So it looks like all my files have become mashed up with a couple of very large .txt files that I had on the USB key!
    Is there any way that I might recover these files.....???

Advertisement