Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***MatchThread*** 17th Dec 19:15 WES1 EweTuppers

• 13-12-2013 9:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭

This is a very important game, coming after last week's week off and with a 2 week break coming up, three points is essential for us to maintain the gap between ourselves and the rest. Three points will also go a long way to moving us toward our goal.

123 are not playing this week, so they will be guaranteed the three points from the game week, meaning it's absolutely essential we have as many people as possible at this match.

It's the early one, and it's the week before Xmas, so everyone needs to make an extra effort to get there on time and warmed up, the temps are to drop to more normal December temps by Tuesday.

Ed -
    Cathal -
    Craig -
    Damo -
    Keith -
    Derek McD -
    Paddy -
    SteMcD -
    Ciaran -
    Darren -
    Luke C -
    Dave -
    Jules -
    Ste K -
    Derek McL -
    Kingsley -

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

In, and remember lads traffic will be utterly mental

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Yea I'm in for this one.

In

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

in as is kingsley and keaner if they havent txt yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Ed - in
    Cathal - in
    Craig - in
    Damo - in
    Keith - in
    Derek McD - inj
    Paddy - in
    SteMcD - inj
    Ciaran - in
    Darren - in
    Luke C -
    Dave - in
    Jules - in
    Ste K - in
    Derek McL - in
    Kingsley - in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

need to close off the year with a win, these lads seem to be hard to score against as we found out the last time.

with 123 having the walkover, our lead is only 1 point at the moment so its important we do the business here.

outa curiosity what injury does Derek have thats had him out so long

mrDerek wrote: »
    outa curiosity what injury does Derek have thats had him out so long

You might be able to ask him tonight, but I don't really want to discuss that kind of thing on a public forum.

You might be able to ask him tonight, but I don't really want to discuss that kind of thing on a public forum.

Was his willy swollen

Was his willy swollen

No card this week please.

• Advertisement

No card this week please.

Shouldn't be giving the team away.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Shouldn't be giving the team away.

Subs can be sent off too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Just in case my text isn't seen, I'm out afterall. I'm not a huge loss in my current form anyway but just want to make sure youse know.
    Ankle again, same old same old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Bring it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

3-0 win with an outstanding hat-trick from Dave, including an absolutely epic 30-yarder Yeboah style in off the underside of the bar.

Very difficult conditions to play in, hard to control the ball and weight the pass in that heavy wind, but keeping a clean sheet in the 2nd half after going in 2-0 up at half-time made for a fairly clinical performance.

4 points clear at Christmas and 27 points from 30 is an excellent position to be in, especially when you consider we only really played to our full potential for one devastating half recently. So there's room for us to lift it a notch or two still and if we do, we'll be very hard to catch, which will be needed as 27 from 30 is the best position any team has been in at Christmas since we've started in this league and as Ste said, being only 4 points clear means we're up against quality contenders so we need to keep standards rising.

Defo on for 5-a-side in early January to shake off any rust.

Merry Christmas lads.

Excellent performance lads, that was a great win, and to keep the clean sheet and even score in that second half was absolutely fantastic.

I think they had one clear cut chance from the free kick in the first half.

Good win and 3 points in a very windswept pitch.

Onwards to the new year

Well done everyone. That was quite a battle in that second half. I felt like a rugby playing just wanted to make ground with the ball :D

Have a great Christmas everyone. I'll be away the week of the planned 7 a side but enjoy :)

good win, plenty of positives though we could have been out of sight at half time and a better team may have punished us with that wind in the second half.

123.ie up next:eek:

No, dates are wrong we don't okay then til the end of Jan

• Advertisement

No, dates are wrong we don't okay then til the end of Jan
    No according to the website we are against 123 next

No according to the website we are against 123 next

it's a 6 pointer on the 7th, win and we're 7 clear, lose and we're 1 clear.

They've been a bogey team for us in the past, hopefully we can put that to bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭DeviantD

Hi Guys,
    Great to catch up last night and watch the game. I am out for the season as my disk in my lower back burst out and is hanging down my back, got an injection last week and can walk more freely but no football for the season. I will keep an eye on boards to see how you are getting on and try drop out to watch from time to time.

Good luck for the season Derek

DeviantD wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    Great to catch up last night and watch the game. I am out for the season as my disk in my lower back burst out and is hanging down my back, got an injection last week and can walk more freely but no football for the season. I will keep an eye on boards to see how you are getting on and try drop out to watch from time to time.

best of luck with the recovery derek I know what it feels like.

DeviantD wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

hopefully therel be a winners medal for ya at the next awards.

lads,
    astro just sent an email around saying pitches would be open apart from the obvious days and available for renting.

would it be worth getting a friendly going around the 2nd or 3rd???

i should be able to muster up 22 players if the majority of us here would be up for it to make one team anyway.

lads,
    astro just sent an email around saying pitches would be open apart from the obvious days and available for renting.

would it be worth getting a friendly going around the 2nd or 3rd???

i should be able to muster up 22 players if the majority of us here would be up for it to make one team anyway.

Ed ill be down in sligo until the 5th so sadly its a no go for me but i have a lot of games in the mix back home including our annual xmas day match on the beach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

I'm in dire need of gametime so i'll show up for anything that even resembles a match.

I'm probably not around til the 4th but if there's something on then I'll play

• Advertisement

I'm probably not around til the 4th but if there's something on then I'll play

Saturday the 4th would be the likely date.

Advertisement