Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant Recommendation - Parnell Street Area

Options
  • 13-12-2013 2:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭

Myself and my husband are going out to see a film next saturday. We haven't been out, just the two of us, since the baby was born so it's kind of a big deal. (We are such saddos!)

We're seeing the film in cineworld on Parnell Street and want to go for dinner beforehand, preferably somewhere with an early bird menu (on a Saturday?) we have the car so anywhere city centre is fine. Does anyone have any suggestions?

We don't get out much so we have no idea!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Myself and my husband are going out to see a film next saturday. We haven't been out, just the two of us, since the baby was born so it's kind of a big deal. (We are such saddos!)

We're seeing the film in cineworld on Parnell Street and want to go for dinner beforehand, preferably somewhere with an early bird menu (on a Saturday?) we have the car so anywhere city centre is fine. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Chapter One is just around the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

MurdyWurdy wrote: »

Musashi on Capel Street, if you like Japanese food. I was there a few weeks ago for a friends birthday and really enjoyed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Split from the Cooking Chat thread in C&R.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Do you have a budget? Preferred food type?

If you have money to spend then I definitely recommend Chapter One.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

The Hot Stove is lovely and does a good early bird. It is just opposite the Rotunda.

http://thehotstove.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I could be wrong but you are probably not going to get into Chapter One on a Saturday this close to Christmas. Would absolutely agree with Musashi, it's great! Have also heard good things about the newish Vietnamese place on the other end of Parnell Street (as in down past the Rotunda and cross O'Connel St end), Pho Viet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Koh in the Millenium Walkway beside Jervis is tasty

http://koh.ie/

Thai / Asian cuisine

• Registered Users Posts: 8,074 ✭✭✭joeguevara

reprazant wrote: »
    The Hot Stove is lovely and does a good early bird. It is just opposite the Rotunda.

http://thehotstove.ie/

My parents were there last Saturday. Think they were going to see pride and prejudice or something and they went for the early bird. They were raving about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Bar Italia at the quays is lovely. Only a 5 min walk from Cineworld too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

The Hop House is great. Far from fancy but very tasty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Another recommendation for the Hot Stove, although it might be hard to get a table this time of year! The restaurant at the Church bar has a decent early bird menu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I guess we might try the Hot Stove! Thanks all. We've been to Pho Viet (it's yum!) and Koh and we'd like to try somewhere new - make the most of our night off.

Anywhere we do go I will of course book that close to Xmas but we'll be eating at about 6pm so it might not be too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

The kingfisher is great

Got a table in The Hot Stove for 5.45. They had one other table free but not until 8.45 so it worked out well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I know you're sorted now but in case anyone else was looking we went to Terra Madre on Bachelors Walk a few Saturdays ago, very small place but nicest pasta I've ever had - Ravioli with black truffle and cheese, and the waiters are a great laugh, if you go in early and promise to leave by 730 you should be able to get a table, even at this late stage.

Thanks for the recommendation, we had dinner at The Hot Stove tonight and it was fantastic :)

Advertisement