Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

55cent stamps

Options
  • 13-12-2013 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

I just took out my Christmas Card box from last year. I had bought a box of stamps and still have lots left..

Do you think my cards (in Ireland) will get there with 55 cent stamp.

The nearest post office to me closes at lunch every day so won't get to one to buy 5cent stamps to put on them!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,081 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If they do they'll be delayed and have a big sticker explaining why they were delayed slapped on them. Meaning your cads will arrive in January with everyone thinking you're a cheapskate :pac:

Best thing to do would be just to get 60c stamps from a machine/other shop that sells stamps for this year and hold on to those till you get some 5c ones for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭rustyzip

MYOB wrote: »
    If they do they'll be delayed and have a big sticker explaining why they were delayed slapped on them. Meaning your cads will arrive in January with everyone thinking you're a cheapskate :pac:

Best thing to do would be just to get 60c stamps from a machine/other shop that sells stamps for this year and hold on to those till you get some 5c ones for next year.

Will just have to wait!

No machine or shop selling them within a three mile radius that I can get to before 5:30 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,708 ✭✭✭brian_t

There is no big rush.

The Last Posting Date for Irish addressed post is next Friday - December 20th.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭danmanw8

This time of year I often get letters/cards with no stamp, or wrong amount etc. They are so busy they just let stuff through.
    Leave it closer to the last posting day and they'll definitely get through.
    That said you have plenty time to buy some measly 5c ones before then

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

BY any chance could you get a friend to get you the 5 cent stamps. You must live in a very isolated area. I would love to help you. The person receiving the cards could have to pay!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭andreas_220D

Minimum order €5 - unless the OP is sending a LOT of cards that's not much use unfortunately. And most people don't have a compatible label printer for the printed stamps either.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭kc90

MYOB wrote: »
    Minimum order €5 - unless the OP is sending a LOT of cards that's not much use unfortunately. And most people don't have a compatible label printer for the printed stamps either.

You don't print them. They're delivered to you.

kc90 wrote: »
    You don't print them. They're delivered to you.

I know that. Two seperate points in that post, hence the "either" - the minimum order for delivery is €5 and An Post do actually have a self-print service. Most countries with this use a bog standard Dymo or Brother labeller (which you cna sometimes get in Lidl for under 50 quid) and security software but An Post use a Pitney Bowes one only from memory.

Advertisement