Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearl Jam Announce European Tour 2014

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Would they come back to headline Reading/Leeds?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,905 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Must have sold quickly. No option for standing tickets as far as I could see for Leeds. Wanted two on tier 1, none left. Did best available and got the box suite tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭demixed

Epid fail here too, standing seem to vanish instantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,905 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

first direct arena ‏@fdarena 14m
    Over 50k people trying to buy tickets for Pearl Jam. Keep trying! Is purchases not confirmed within 5 minutes will go back on sale

Guess I was lucky to even get two! :D

It's top tier tickets I got in Row U so nosebleed tickets but better than none. The arena looks small enough though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

The first direct is new, all seating designed to afford a good point of view for fans, 3rd tier wont be high at all unless you're smoking somefink.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TopBombing

Got standing for Leeds and seats for Amsterdam 1.

Cant wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭mollser

Any chance of a slane gig? Would be awesome and exactly what slane was originally about!

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Flights and hotel booked for the Dam.....roll on June!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Anybody have an update on the possibility of an Irish date?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Anybody have an update on the possibility of an Irish date?

Can't see it happening. Not this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

That's disappointing, I assume the uk dates are sold out?

kev1.3s wrote: »
    That's disappointing, I assume the uk dates are sold out?

Still plenty available for Milton Keynes I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭JamieHP

who_ru wrote: »
    The first direct is new, all seating designed to afford a good point of view for fans, 3rd tier wont be high at all unless you're smoking somefink.

It's basically the same as the o2!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Saw them over the weekend for the first time, so damn good. Vedder is as cool as the proverbial, great audience interaction, and hearing him belt out Jeremy and Black is now off the to-do list.

Go see them if you can, you won't regret it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Saw them over the weekend for the first time, so damn good. Vedder is as cool as the proverbial, great audience interaction, and hearing him belt out Jeremy and Black is now off the to-do list.

Go see them if you can, you won't regret it!

Do they play much of the new stuff? Was so disappointed with the new album, was PJ on autopilot heading towards retirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Corholio wrote: »
    Do they play much of the new stuff? Was so disappointed with the new album, was PJ on autopilot heading towards retirement.

You'll take that filthy talk elsewhere young man.. We'll have none of that here :€

Seriously though, if you follow them on Instagram they post up their set lists after most shows. There is always 75% of the old stuff and almost always at least 3-5 songs from Ten.

Seen them 6 times, can't go this summer as I'm saving for a wedding but they are "thee" best live band on the planet so if you have a chance take it.. You won't be disappointed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 165 ✭✭Baze

Was the 2010 date announced long after the UK dates back then? Can't recall.

Fecking O2 stuck the lights on at the end of that last Dublin show, but before sitting down to his cigarette and wine he added (6m mark):

'Lets do it again sometime, but maybe not leave it so long'.

Slane would be sweet, but can't see it happening. Looks like it's Leeds for me also so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Introbaby

Seen them 6 times, can't go this summer as I'm saving for a wedding but they are "thee" best live band on the planet so if you have a chance take it.. You won't be disappointed.

PJ are one of the best live bands around, have seen time at every Irish gig including their backing stint as Neil Young's band on wrecking ball at the RDS. Personal I think the new album is their best in a while:)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Dont think an Irish date will be added for this leg. Seeing them at least once, maybe twice. Damn you xavi getting to hear Jeremy. Hopefully this time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Corholio wrote: »

Here's a link to the setlist we got, considering it was a festival we did well. The only disappointment for me was The lack of Better Man.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pearl-jam/2014/arena-joondalup-perth-australia-4bc5c306.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tracert

Baze wrote: »
    Fecking O2 stuck the lights on at the end of that last Dublin show

Nah, man, Kiely stuck on the lights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Shit. I just impulse bought a ticket to the Milton Keynes Bowl. I'll be going by myself (popping my solo gig cherry) and I've no idea where Milton Keynes Bowl is, how to get there, or if I can get the time off work.

I'll figure this shite out tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Everlong1

Shit. I just impulse bought a ticket to the Milton Keynes Bowl. I'll be going by myself (popping my solo gig cherry) and I've no idea where Milton Keynes Bowl is, how to get there, or if I can get the time off work.

I'll figure this shite out tomorrow.

Milton Keynes is not the easiest venue to get back to London from. Sent you a pm with my experience.

Everlong1 wrote: »
    Milton Keynes is not the easiest venue to get back to London from. Sent you a pm with my experience.

Is there not a bus or train on a fairly regular basis?
    Wouldn't mind leveraging your experience as well, last time I was there it was for work so I just rented a car in Heathrow.

Wouldn't mind leveraging your experience as well, last time I was there it was for work so I just rented a car in Heathrow.

When i went to Foo Fighers seetickets were organising buses . You just had to pre book your ticket online then they told you location and what number bus you were on . Then when you got to Milton Keynes the buses stayed in the same place so it was easy to find them coming out of the gig

When i went to Foo Fighers seetickets were organising buses . You just had to pre book your ticket online then they told you location and what number bus you were on . Then when you got to Milton Keynes the buses stayed in the same place so it was easy to find them coming out of the gig
    I got tickets in the Ten Club presale so booked hotel in Milton Keynes while they were still cheap.

So I only need transport there the day of the gig and back next day.

I got tickets in the Ten Club presale so booked hotel in Milton Keynes while they were still cheap.

So I only need transport there the day of the gig and back next day.

Ah right not sure then because i was coming from London town

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Everlong1

I went to the Foo Fighters gig there from London. Getting there and back by train was easy enough but when I got back to London, underground had closed down and there were no taxis to be had anywhere. There were late buses but I've never had to use the bus system in London so didn't know how to get back to my hotel. Eventually had to go into a hotel and ask them to ring a cab for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Just for anyone going to this, you can get tickets for a coach transfer here.

The coach is picking up from Victoria Station in London at 12pm and dropping back after the gig for around 11.15pm I think. To save messing around trying to figure it out myself I just booked this, £30 for the return trip. I'm going to try get accommodation for Thursday and Friday night near the station.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Amsterdam(both nights) standing tickets back on general sale...
    http://www.ticketmaster.nl/event/pearl-jam-tickets/123407

Advertisement