Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearl Jam Announce European Tour 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TopBombing

Seem to be just seated left now, and I have them already.

Wouldn't have minded getting standing but I'll save my legs for Leeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

For those going to Amsterdam,how's the Aer Lingus strike affecting you? We're going Sunday and back Wednesday so looks like we might be in a spot of bother with the return flight, not really the end of the world!!
    Counting down the days now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

For those going to Amsterdam,how's the Aer Lingus strike affecting you? We're going Sunday and back Wednesday so looks like we might be in a spot of bother with the return flight, not really the end of the world!!
    Counting down the days now!!

Flying to amsterdam on the monday but will be happy to fly on the sunday instead ..Not flying home till sunday from milan so hope its all sorted by then ..!!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TopBombing

Panic over for anyone worried about their flights, the Aer Lingus strike has been called off.

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Just booked Vienna and Berlin. Seen em 35 times already so I got the bug.
    They'll be here next year but doubt it'll be the O2. It'll be outdoors and big. Wish it was electric picnic but ah well.

For any curious onlookers you won't see a better live band. As the saying goes 'if you've seen a pearl jam show, no explanation is necessary. If you've never seen a pearl jam show, no explanation is possible'.
    They are actually that good, and better.
    Can't wait :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭pauliewallie

david75 wrote: »
    They'll be here next year

how do you know this?

Just their pattern they've established over the years.. theyll hit dublin every second euro tour and usually start off here..
    they're moving into much bigger places now, in effect playing less shows but to more people..it'll be Marlay park or somewhere bigger next year.

hope you are right. disappointed they didn't announce a show here this year, i've never seen them and thought this could be the year. I also thought it might have been that no promoter wanted them

No promoter wanted them? theyre contracted to MCD and pretty much all their records do really well here upon release and theyve sold out every time they play...now if you said no promoter could afford them, they you might be right...its somewhere between 700k-1 million to book em these days..

But if you can you should go see them in leeds..thats the second to last show of their tour and the second to last is always the best with these boys..they wont let you down..

• Advertisement

yeah 'afford' is probably more accurate

Looking the size of the venue they're playing tonight. This is from the front rail a few minutes ago. San Siro. 65,000
    I want my band back 😳

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ts_editor

Anyone who's followed PJ for a while and is aware of the workings of their management/TenClub know that there is no rhyme or reason where the band will play or how many dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

I think we got lucky tour wise the past 3 or 4 years really. They toured Backspacer,PJ20 and now Lightning Bolt in fairly quick succession and I don't personally see them doing that intense a level of touring again,but I do seriously hope I'm wrong.
    They overlooked Ireland from 96-2000 and again from 2000-2006 but whoever hasn't seen them should really try to at some stage,hands down the best live I've ever seen and I've seen most of the biggest and best live bands by now. They rocked Amsterdam last Monday night and I am seriously looking forward to seeing them again in MK this night 3 weeks,never seen them outdoor before so it will be a new experience.
    Milton Keynes isn't a sell out and probably won't be either so now is a good chance for anybody to nip across the water to see them!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

I was at Milan last night and what a gig. The stadium was incredible, the set list was nearly what I would have asked for and the energy was something else. I don't think I'll ever be at a better gig. Roll on Leeds :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

hope you are right. disappointed they didn't announce a show here this year, i've never seen them and thought this could be the year. I also thought it might have been that no promoter wanted them
    i saw them play the point in 2010. It was easily the most packed i have ever seen that venue, it was more or less impossible to move in any direction. whatever the capacity of that place is, it was at it's limit that night.

Pj could play the phone book at this venue and it wouldn't matter. That place is just magical.

This show was incredible. A little more generic than Vienna (how random was that set??? But it worked incredibly well)

They sound better and better every time. And I'm not being a fanboi. Brooklyn was tight but this and Vienna was a whole new level. They're gearing up to take on stadiums and I didn't think they had the chops for that but they do. They really do.
    Sound was a total mess in Vienna. Ed even commented on it being the second worst place for sound that they've played. But whatever they're doing with their sound isn't working.
    You can hear things defined but there's no body to it. It's not mixed together if that makes sense and matts kick is louder by far than jeff. This was all the way through Vienna then It stared again about half way through Berlin.

Other than that, two incredibly great shows. If you can, see them at wulheide.
    Everything about it is perfect and they seem to respond to that.
    Glad I went.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Saw them in Stockholm last night. Unreal set. Did covers of Pink Floyd mother and The Who Baba O'Reilly.

Eddie was on great form, drinking wine from a fan's shoe and swinging from the stage on a light.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

I am going to Leeds on Tuesday night and will report back with my findings.

Leeds will be the gig of the tour. Second to last always is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭krustycustomer

Any reliable sources know what time Milton Keyes will start?

Doors at 2pm and coaches leavin at 11.15pm.

Need to invite people working in UK only if they have time to get to the venue.

Saw PJ in san diego in 2006, Eddie (being from SD I think) said he wanted to put on a special show as they played in Vegas the night before and the crowd were so bad they played half a already planned setlist and nobody noticed. He drank 4 bottles of wine on stage, climbed top the roof wasted and hung from the rafters to play to the balcony as he felt bad they paid for tickets to look at the back of his head.

Brought kelly slater on for rockin in the free world, Sunny Garcia (Rival surfer at the time), instantly stood up with his entire row entourage and walked out.

Not having any hints of a setlist is the best part looking forward to friday.

Anybody going on shannon gatwick flight thurs at 5 pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Any reliable sources know what time Milton Keyes will start?

Doors at 2pm and coaches leavin at 11.15pm.

Need to invite people working in UK only if they have time to get to the venue.

Saw PJ in san diego in 2006, Eddie (being from SD I think) said he wanted to put on a special show as they played in Vegas the night before and the crowd were so bad they played half a already planned setlist and nobody noticed. He drank 4 bottles of wine on stage, climbed top the roof wasted and hung from the rafters to play to the balcony as he felt bad they paid for tickets to look at the back of his head.

Brought kelly slater on for rockin in the free world, Sunny Garcia (Rival surfer at the time), instantly stood up with his entire row entourage and walked out.

Not having any hints of a setlist is the best part looking forward to friday.

Anybody going on shannon gatwick flight thurs at 5 pm?

10 Club early entry is 13.40, GA @ 14.00
    No pit as confirmed by ten club but there should be some pressure barriers open at both sides.

My money is on PJ hitting the stage at 7.30 - 8 pm. Curfew is 10.30.

Man I cannot ****ing wait for it. Cork London flight at 7am Friday morning and straight there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I thought they were incredible at Rock Werchter. Eddie seemed to be well into it and I don't ever recall them doing two encores there before so was very pleased with it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Most sets outside of of the festival dates this tour have been 3 hour epics with between 32 - 35 songs :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

calex71 wrote: »
    Most sets outside of of the festival dates this tour have been 3 hour epics with between 32 - 35 songs :eek:

Yeah they were down for 3 hours in Werchter but only did 2.5 hours. But talk about incredible, it lived up to my expectations, my OH was amazed by them. Still have the riff to Rearviewmirror playing in my head after they opened with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭redved

Agreed, worth waiting in the rain for. Great set list. We were right up by the stage, great experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

redved wrote: »
    Agreed, worth waiting in the rain for. Great set list. We were right up by the stage, great experience.

Oh I was a fair bit back, the sore backs, the rain...had to avoid saw watched some of Trentemoeller. If I won 300e on a scratchcard today I'd be off to MK on Friday.

50/50 to stay in MK fri or head back to London for a night out, nothing booked as usual.

Hotels are pricey in London, pointless stayin further out as I'd pay the difference in a taxi.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Everlong1

50/50 to stay in MK fri or head back to London for a night out, nothing booked as usual.

Hotels are pricey in London, pointless stayin further out as I'd pay the difference in a taxi.

If you're flying on Thursday why didn't you book the same place for Friday that you're staying in on Thursday? Only been to MK once before but I wouldn't be staying there unless I had to.

Getting the Ryanair to Gatwick on Thursday myself and the return coach to MK.

• Advertisement

Everlong1 wrote: »
    If you're flying on Thursday why didn't you book the same place for Friday that you're staying in on Thursday? Only been to MK once before but I wouldn't be staying there unless I had to.

Getting the Ryanair to Gatwick on Thursday myself and the return coach to MK.

Ive nothing booked.

Advertisement