Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Live at the Marquee Cork - 10 July 2014

Options
  • 13-12-2013 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

JUST ANNOUNCED:

NEIL YOUNG & CRAZY HORSE
    Live at the Marquee, Cork
    10 July 2014.

It was announced today that Neil Young & Crazy Horse will play the Marquee Cork on 10 July 2014. This date will mark Neil Young's return to Cork where he last played Live at the Marquee in 2008. Tickets go on sale this Monday 16th December at 9am through Ticketmaster Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭lertsnim

All these shows on sale before Christmas. Will be skint

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

What price range would these be in does anybody know??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Danii86 wrote: »
    What price range would these be in does anybody know??

€76.00 according to Hotpress.

http://www.hotpress.com/Neil-Young/news/Neil-Young--Crazy-Horse-for-Live-At-The-Marquee/10676555.html

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Neil & Crazy Horse always come with a pretty hefty price, which is pretty justifiable when they are on their day,
    They can put on one hell of a memorable show,

With poor sales in Dublin for the RDS concert during the summer, I wonder will they bother coming back here, Hopefully they do, and put the wrongs right! I am pretty sure its a very small minority of people that are unfamiliar with Neil and Crazy Horses music that are complaining about the supposedly no hits, rarity filled set.

The complaint I had and everyone I spoke to had was the strong winds which reeked havoc with the sound and caused it to be distorted and muffled and nearly lost altogether at times as gusts of wind bashed the RDS all evening! Hopefully if they come back it won't be to the RDS!!! Hopefully an indoor gig in the O2 like 2009!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Saw him this year, he was good but nothing special. If I went to another concert of his I would prefer it to be indoors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Marquee would be indoors. Kind of

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

RDS show was amazing, will go to this for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

what's the odds on him doing Dublin aswell? The poor ticket sales at the RDS could be attributed to the event coinciding with Slane. I can see he's doing Hyde Park in London on the 12th, so hopefully the O2 for a warm up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

The wind was an absolute killer for the RDS, couldn't hear a f$^kin' thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

This will be my 10th Neil Young gig.

Yes, the RDS was disappointing but every other show Ive seen him do has been incredible.

This year was the my first "Live at the Marquee" gig (ZZ Top) and it was such a good experience I was hoping to go back next year.

I can only imagine the racket the Horse will create in such a small venue.

Cannot wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

The wind was an absolute killer for the RDS, couldn't hear a f$^kin' thing!

I Couldn't agree more, it was absolutely torturous looking at Neil and CH rocking out as the sound was been blown all over the place! People around me where yapping during the acoustic section and more a less drowned it out! TORTUROUS!

Lucky for those who were positioned in a decent place, I found a slight improvement moving about half way through, it was a real pity the gig was tarnished like this, as the band were in fine form and the set list was incredible, people grumbling about a set list closing with Cortez the Killer is beyond me!

No doubt the Cork Marquee will be Rocking in July! I'm looking forward to that racket too Poundhound!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Still tickets available - I'm surprised, despite the xmas pressures on finances..
    We'll hardly get many more chances to see the Horse..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Still tickets available - I'm surprised..

He still hasn't sold out 4,000 tickets :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Great gig at the RDS last year. Thought the complaints about the set list were ridiculous. You are never going to hear Heart of Gold, Old Man etc at a Horse gig. People should check the setlists before buying tickets, a Neil Young & Horse gig is a vastly different thing to a Neil Young solo tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Re "He still hasn't sold out 4,000 tickets confused.png".

And Garth Brooks has sold 400,000 tickets?!?

I despair, I really do.

poundhound wrote: »

I despair, I really do.

It makes no sense. Mass Hysteria on an epic scale.

I despair, I really do.

Its absolutely disgusting. I fear for the future of mankind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭AlanG

The RDS gig was a good set list and I personally really enjoyed it but the promoters and performers attitude towards the fans would put me off going to any more Neil Young gigs. It was fine for those standing but the experience of those in the stands beside the closed off end of the pitch was terrible and those fans were stopped from moving onto the pitch. On top of that the band didn’t bother bringing over their full stage set or speaker rig so the sound and show was far below that of the UK concerts. Neil himself has to take responsibility for the decision not to bring all the sound kit to Ireland and it was a bit of an insult to his Irish fans.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Its absolutely disgusting. I fear for the future of mankind.

Or just called different taste in music?

Or just called different taste in music?

Nope thats not it.....;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You are never going to hear Heart of Gold, Old Man etc at a Horse gig. People should check the setlists before buying tickets, a Neil Young & Horse gig is a vastly different thing to a Neil Young solo tour.
    Promotors need to check setlists and not put TV ads on with songs which are most certainly not going to be played. Its no wonder people were expecting it, I am pretty sure the TV ads for that gig did have "best of's".

Same happens with bob dylan.

Many people are not that clued in about the internet and would not realise setlists are readily available for many artists.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 backstreets

I think the artist has the right to play whatever he want's and to be fair to Neil Young, if you were a true fan of his you couldn't have too many complaints about that setlist, i mean he played Powderfinger,Hey Hey My My, Cinnamon Girl,****in up, and a mix of new song's so it wasn't a bad setlist

What let that gig down was the choice of venue and the fact that Neil didn't bring over his proper production as i think Dublin was a very rare outdoor gig on that tour

He did also play Cortez the killer as well and that is my top NY song, i'm sure Cork will be a much better performance

rubadub wrote: »
    Promotors need to check setlists and not put TV ads on with songs which are most certainly not going to be played. Its no wonder people were expecting it, I am pretty sure the TV ads for that gig did have "best of's".

Same happens with bob dylan.

Many people are not that clued in about the internet and would not realise setlists are readily available for many artists.

I dont remember that, you may indeed be right - in which case, its a fault of the promoters. However, in the internet age, everyone should have the ability to check set lists before booking tickets for an artist with such a diverse back catalogue as Neil Young. I always make sure to check set lists before I am booking any gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 backstreets

Love and Only Love
    Powderfinger
    Psychedelic Pill
    Walk Like a Giant
    Hole in the Sky
    (unreleased song)
    Comes a Time
    (Solo acoustic)
    Blowin' in the Wind
    (Bob Dylan cover)
    Ramada Inn
    Cinnamon Girl
    ****in' Up
    Mr. Soul
    (Buffalo Springfield song)
    Hey Hey, My My (Into the Black)
    Encore:
    Cortez the Killer

This was not a bad setlist at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Capacity is 5,000, it'll sell out alright. Who cares anyway, once you have your ticket you're sorted, roll on July.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

I despair, I really do.

Touts have about half of them, come the day(s) of the concerts it will be no bother to get a ticket. Neil will sell out yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Great gig at the RDS last year. Thought the complaints about the set list were ridiculous. You are never going to hear Heart of Gold, Old Man etc at a Horse gig. People should check the setlists before buying tickets, a Neil Young & Horse gig is a vastly different thing to a Neil Young solo tour.

I enjoyed it, but thought perhaps it could have done with being louder, but maybe there is a volume limit when using the RDS? The wind and rainy conditions didn't help - which probably affected the sound throughout the venue. Seemingly further back in the stands the sound was very poor.

While some people don't like standing - I feel there is always a risk, regarding sound quality, in opting to sit in a stand at the sides of a venue, in an outdoor gig.

Even at indoor gigs the sound can be inferior at the extreme sides of a venue.

I couldn't understand people complaining about the type of gig it was in the RDS last year with the extended jamming, considering it was clearly emphasised as a Crazy Horse gig.

I thought the Malahide Castle gig in June 2008 was also excellent, especially when they played the 20 plus version of No Hidden Path, with Neil introducing it by saying "I'm going to take you on a journey...":)

The Malahide Castle gig wasn't a Crazy Horse gig, and he had Ben Keith in the band which was great to see considering he died in 2010, but people afterwards were still unhappy he didn't play more of the acoustic songs.

I got a good buzz out of seeing the clips on youtube of the gig in the days afterwards and what struck me about one of the videos, was the amount of people walking around in the crowd while they were playing Powderfinger??

I find it hard to imagine not paying attention while stuff like that is being performed.

Still not sold out, wow just wow.

One of the latest setlist looks very good..

1. From Hank To Hendrix
    2. On The Way Home
    3. Only Love Can Break Your Heart
    4. Philadelphia
    5. Love In Mind
    6. Mellow My Mind
    7. Reason to Believe
    8. Someday
    9. Changes
    10. Harvest
    11. Old Man
    ---
    12. Cortez The Killer
    13. Pocahontas
    14. A Man Needs A Maid
    15. Ohio
    16. Southern Man
    17. Mr. Soul
    18. If You Could Read My Mind
    19. Harvest Moon
    20. After The Gold Rush
    21. Heart Of Gold
    ---
    22. Comes A Time
    23. Long May You Run

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Still not sold out, wow just wow.

One of the latest setlist looks very good..

1. From Hank To Hendrix
    2. On The Way Home
    3. Only Love Can Break Your Heart
    4. Philadelphia
    5. Love In Mind
    6. Mellow My Mind
    7. Reason to Believe
    8. Someday
    9. Changes
    10. Harvest
    11. Old Man
    ---
    12. Cortez The Killer
    13. Pocahontas
    14. A Man Needs A Maid
    15. Ohio
    16. Southern Man
    17. Mr. Soul
    18. If You Could Read My Mind
    19. Harvest Moon
    20. After The Gold Rush
    21. Heart Of Gold
    ---
    22. Comes A Time
    23. Long May You Run

That's not from a Crazy Horse show, that's a Neil Young show. Different ball game.

• Advertisement

Would you expect something a little more like this http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobile/arts-ents/music/review-neil-young-crazy-horse-secc-glasgow.1371161381 if the oh doesn't hear heart of gold there'll be tears...seems anything could come out at a crazy horse gig..

Advertisement