Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Live at the Marquee Cork - 10 July 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

There's a chance of heart of gold but it's probably a slim one. He's likely to play a couple of acoustic songs but he's recently released a covers album so these acoustic songs could easily be covers and not his own. Just go prepared and you'll enjoy it :-)
    Setlist from Dublin last year
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/neil-young/2013/rds-arena-dublin-ireland-1bd9c930.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Thought the RDS setlist was very good but the sound quality was appalling. Not letting us onto the pitch was a joke.

Might go to this just for the sake of it being an indoor gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

The RDS show shouldnt put anyone off going to Cork.

The Marquee gig will be my 10th Neil Young gig and everyone of them, bar the RDS show, has been a killer.

I expect Cork to be no different.

They play Iceland before Cork and its only then that we'll now what the setlist will look like.

Just booked rail tickets from Dublin to Cork for the gig at €9.99 each way.

I delayed booking them last year for ZZ Top and ended up paying €60.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

poundhound wrote: »
    Just booked rail tickets from Dublin to Cork for the gig at €9.99 each way.

I delayed booking them last year for ZZ Top and ended up paying €60.

Just to say, if you are looking to get back to Dublin the same night after any of the Cork Marquee gigs, Aircoach run daily bus services every two hours from Patrick's Quay in Cork at 11pm, Iam, 3am, 5am and then they have hourly services.

you can book online for 10 euros back to Bachelors Walk, but if you do, just make sure, you select the correct date, for example, if you are getting the 1am back to Dublin.

(if, for example the 11pm bus is selected for a journey from Cork back to Dublin, if you miss it, I understand that you can't use that booking for the 1am service, even if there is space on that bus, and similarly if you book the 1am you can't use it for the earlier 11pm service)

But just to mention, although it won't apply when to going to gigs, as far as I know, if you book the 11pm service from Cork to Dublin, it is possible to use that booking on an earlier service that same day, if there is space on the earlier buses.

http://aircoach.ie/timetables/route-704-x-cork-dublin-city-dublin-airport-express

http://aircoach.ie/timetables/route-704-x-cork-dublin-city-dublin-airport-express#

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

Anyone going down from Roscommon for this?

Would be interested in car sharing if anyone is (please pm me). Know I'm not supposed to solicit ticket sales on here, but anyone know where i might be able to get rid of a spare ticket - at cost - if my wife decides not to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

hkjohn wrote: »
    Anyone going down from Roscommon for this?

Would be interested in car sharing if anyone is (please pm me). Know I'm not supposed to solicit ticket sales on here, but anyone know where i might be able to get rid of a spare ticket - at cost - if my wife decides not to go.

toutless.com :)

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

Thanks, UTW

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

What? I didn't know about this, is it sold out?

Crazy Horse bassist Billy Talbot has suffered a stroke and will not be playing on the impending European tour.
    (Courtesy of Rolling stone magazine Facebook page 30/6/14).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Crazy Horse bassist Billy Talbot has suffered a stroke and will not be playing on the impending European tour.
    (Courtesy of Rolling stone magazine Facebook page 30/6/14).

Thanks for the info Poundhound!

I'm very saddened to hear that about Billy, and I wish him a full and speedy recovery!

Long time Neil Young bass player Rick Rosas has been drafted in to do the tour, no doubt he will do a great job, but it'll be a sad loss not to see the full Crazy Horse band in action!

Does anybody know what time this gig is set to finish? Is their a set curfew in the Marque?

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

Any boardsies on here going? I got my ticket so looking forward to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 gary at black house

Hey guys, got a few questions about this if anyone would care to answer I'd appreciate it. Just made the decision to travel from Sligo for this.

I'm getting off the bus at 6:30. Am I right in saying the Marquee is about a 20 minute walk from Parnell st. station? I'm not familiar with Cork at all, but a quick taxi or a short walk to stretch the legs after the bus ride would be grand.

On ticketmaster it says the gig starts at 8PM. Is this time specific to NY&CH or are there usually support acts at the Marquee. I'm not familiar with the festival either!

Thanks if anyone can answer.

Your correct regarding the location, its a 20min stroll from Cork City centre.

I went last year and there was a nice vibe just outside the venue. Plenty of bars and food vans surrounding a seating area within the Marquee grounds.

Ive e-mailed the promoters regarding possible support but haven't received a reply yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

The marquee is brutal for naming support acts. Best bet is to head to the merch stall and take a look at what band name is on the tshirts.

Thanks guys, much appreciated. Whether there are support acts or not it's good to know I can be there for about 7PM.

Just got this reply from Aiken promotions;

"Many thanks for your email. There is no support confirmed for Neil Young on July 10.".

Just got this reply from Aiken promotions;

"Many thanks for your email. There is no support confirmed for Neil Young on July 10.".

That leaves it a little open to interpretation if you ask me. Nothing confirmed... but there might be?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Perhaps it's a 3 hour show ?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭villa2008

s8n wrote: »
    Perhaps it's a 3 hour show ?

Yeah, that would be great. They played for about 2 hours 15 minutes last year at the RDS. I'd rather a 3 hour Neil Young gig than watching some ****ty support band for an hour before.

• Advertisement

I like the idea of support bands, especially if they're something the band wanted themselves. It begins to build an atmosphere, and it can promote and help local original music. I seen Ham Sandwich before the Pixies at the weekend I'm thankful for it. I've found a good few decent bands through them supporting other, bigger acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭villa2008

I like the idea of support bands, especially if they're something the band wanted themselves. It begins to build an atmosphere, and it can promote and help local original music. I seen Ham Sandwich before the Pixies at the weekend I'm thankful for it. I've found a good few decent bands through them supporting other, bigger acts.

Sometimes the support bands are good I agree with you, example The Kills at the Jack White gig in Kilmainham recently. But most of the time in my experience they tend to be very forgettable and the sound is never great for support bands anyway. But as you say it gives them a chance on a big stage which is good for them. Anyway here is to Neil & Co. rocking the Marquee on Thursday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 EoghanOS9

Hi All,

First post / 6th neil gog. Any suggestions for good pre gig drink places for Thursday?

Cheers

Hi All,

First post / 6th neil gig. Any suggestions for good pre gig drink places for Thursday?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 21,045 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

support bands i like: bands with the same ethos as the headliners
    Support bands i hate: Industry chosen bands with opposite ethos to headliners

support bands i like: bands with the same ethos as the headliners
    Support bands i hate: Industry chosen bands with opposite ethos to headliners

Support Bands I hate
    The Frames

EoghanOS9 wrote: »
    Any suggestions for good pre gig drink places for Thursday?

I second this question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Any suggestions for good pre gig drink places for Thursday?
    Cheers

The Sextant on the quay would be one of the last pubs you'll pass on the way and a good option

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Sextant/341370313208?rf=161957413851442

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Support Bands I hate
    The Frames

I don't think you'll see The Frames playing "supporting act" for any band any time soon.

• Advertisement

I can't post the link as I'm a new user here but the setlist from last night's show in Reykjavik is available on setlist.fm.

Advertisement