Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New customer discount not applied

Options
  • 13-12-2013 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi,

I've been with Eircom for 3 months. 

I signed up for the Advanced Unlimited Broadband which is €35.00 per month for the first 6 months and €50.00 per month thereafter. On my 2nd month and 3rd month bill I am getting charged eircom Talk Off-Peak €24.39 and Broadband Advanced Unlimited €24.79 which adds up to €49.18, but I was told that I would be paying €35.00 per month for months 2-7.

I talked to someone on the eircom chat a few minutes ago and he offered me a discount of €10.00 for the first 6 months and a further €5.00 for the next 12 months (which would run for 18 months?!). My contract will end in 9 months, so I would miss out on the discount I was offered above if I was to cancel. 

Why is my discount not being applied?  

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi,

I've been with Eircom for 3 months. 

I signed up for the Advanced Unlimited Broadband which is €35.00 per month for the first 6 months and €50.00 per month thereafter. On my 2nd month and 3rd month bill I am getting charged eircom Talk Off-Peak €24.39 and Broadband Advanced Unlimited €24.79 which adds up to €49.18, but I was told that I would be paying €35.00 per month for months 2-7.

I talked to someone on the eircom chat a few minutes ago and he offered me a discount of €10.00 for the first 6 months and a further €5.00 for the next 12 months (which would run for 18 months?!). My contract will end in 9 months, so I would miss out on the discount I was offered above if I was to cancel. 

Why is my discount not being applied?  

Hi NotTheMessiah,

I've checked this for you and I can see the promotion discount was not added to the account for you, please accept my apologises for this.

In relation to the discount on your package the contract would be 12 months from the date it is applied. If you avail of the €10 and €5 it'll be €15 for 6 months and €5 thereafter for 6 months.

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 28 NotTheMessiah

Thanks for the reply Tracy.

So if I was to receive this discount it would mean I be starting another contract for 12 months? I really don't want to sign another 12 month contract

I don't understand why the discount was not applied and why it can not be applied for the next 6 months? It seems like it should be something simple to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Thanks for the reply Tracy.

So if I was to receive this discount it would mean I be starting another contract for 12 months? I really don't want to sign another 12 month contract

I don't understand why the discount was not applied and why it can not be applied for the next 6 months? It seems like it should be something simple to do.

No problem at all.

I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to advise why the discount was not applied, sorry about that.

If the discount promo was to be added today the contract would start from this date, unfortunately all packages/discounts have 12 month contract. We have no 6 month contract in place.

If you wish you could discuss it with the sales team on 1800 503 303 and see if there is anything they can do, I wouldn't be able to guarantee this however from my channel here I wouldn't be able to do anything further.

Sorry for all inconvenience caused.

Tracey

Advertisement