Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodging Money

Options
  • 13-12-2013 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭

Just a quick one, I'm looking to lodge money into a mates account can this be done with just his atm card at a local branch or do i need further details cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Just a quick one, I'm looking to lodge money into a mates account can this be done with just his atm card at a local branch or do i need further details cheers

Having his card might raise suspicions, just go in with his ac number and sort code, that's all you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Mint Sauce wrote: »

Having his card might raise suspicions, just go in with his ac number and sort code, that's all you need.
    Well he left the card here for me to lodge the money, I'm only lodging not withdrawing 

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Littlelulu13

Well he left the card here for me to lodge the money, I'm only lodging not withdrawing 

You would need his pin number too as far as i know. I haven't lodged money with ages but thats what I had to do before anyway.

Other people have done it for me with my pin so it shouldn't be an issue.

Would be easier to just get his account number and sort code though. Guaranteed not to run into problems then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

You would need his pin number too as far as i know. I haven't lodged money with ages but thats what I had to do before anyway.

Other people have done it for me with my pin so it shouldn't be an issue.

Would be easier to just get his account number and sort code though. Guaranteed not to run into problems then!
    Yeah just need to hope he gets up before I head out he works nights and I days ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi A_Sober_Paddy,

Thanks for posting.

We would never recommend disclosing card PINs to other parties. As correctly mentioned above, you would need the card PIN to lodge via the Lodgement ATM and you can lodge at the cashier's desk if you have the account number and sort code.

Thanks
    Tara

• Advertisement
Advertisement