Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Novice & Juvenile Uneven Age XC - Dec 15th, WIT

Options
  • 13-12-2013 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭

Preview at the AAI site: http://www.athleticsireland.ie/content/?p=35749

Startlists show about 370 entered into Novice Men's race. Presumably, there'll be a fair level of attrition before Sunday but I have a feeling that both men's and women's novice races are still going to be epic!

Anyone know anything about the WIT course? I've seen the maps but interested in any first-hand experience of it.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 477 ✭✭brutes1

It will be bedlam, well over 200 will start im sure, the Curragh had about 260 finishers a few years ago . Its a great race, some fast young fella will win it no doubt..!
    I think there is a nice drag of a hill each lap on the back straight ( left of course as you look at the map )
    http://www.athleticsireland.ie/content/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/web-info-uneven-novice.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

brutes1 wrote: »
    It will be bedlam, well over 200 will start im sure, the Curragh had about 260 finishers a few years ago . Its a great race, some fast young fella will win it no doubt..!
    I think there is a nice drag of a hill each lap on the back straight ( left of course as you look at the map )
    http://www.athleticsireland.ie/content/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/web-info-uneven-novice.pdf[/QUOTE]

I'll be doing this on sunday and the course is on a hill, the top of the hill being the left side of the pic and the bottom being at the main road end.
    the start and finish of each loop is downhill and each loop back the way is uphill and the top stretch will be a drag and then a steep downhill to finish the loop and start the next...it will be tough, i've ran the course and i feel its tough on the legs, seem to be on your toes alot and the calves/achilles take a smashing

• Registered Users Posts: 44 gaz200

it is a tough course but i did it in the munster intermediate last year and really enjpyed it, once u get going its is a nice cousrse

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

Michelle McGee won the women's novice comfortably. Fantastic result and great progress in such a short time for a late newcomer to the sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Tobin wins the men's race??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

W.B. Yeats wrote: »
    Michelle McGee won the women's novice comfortably. Fantastic result and great progress in such a short time for a late newcomer to the sport.

Ah Christ. Will never hear the end of this from the Ray,boyblunder amd the rest of them Knocklyon joggers :p

All joking aside great result for her and the club

Womens top 3 McGee,Cronin, Mulhare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

Was tough course, never seen so many juvenile athletes dropping out of races...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Letyourselfgo

Great event, well organised and a real cross country course, well done organisers.
    It's been a long season though and I think for a few of our athletes it was a race too many.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

ecoli wrote: »
    Ah Christ. Will never hear the end of this from the Ray,boyblunder amd the rest of them Knocklyon joggers :p

Damn right!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

The standard of jogging is very high in Knocklyon - imagine how good we'd be if we were bothered running....;-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

The standard of jogging is very high in Knocklyon - imagine how good we'd be if we were bothered running....;-)

Have you guys looked into walking events at all ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Is that a serious statement? You lads don't even have 1 fella who can run faster than McGee over 5k! Congrats to her btw great result!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 kevd2000

Hi does any one know where I can find the women's novice results. The men's results are attached to the link to the women's results on athletics Ireland

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

kevd2000 wrote: »
    Hi does any one know where I can find the women's novice results. The men's results are attached to the link to the women's results on athletics Ireland

http://www.athleticsireland.ie/content/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/novice_women.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Letyourselfgo

A few pics from today, mainly up to U15 boys with the odd U17 boys.
    And RQ tried to get as many Donore singlets as I could see (girls U15 mainly)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25938822@N07/sets/72157638707836685/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Come on, tell us, how much are yee paying her to represent yee? :P

Looks like it was a great run. Disappointed I haven't featured this season, this acutally sounds like it'd be the perfect course for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭PVincent

Today Michelle delivered a national title. But it's not that she has come from nowhere. She was 3rd in the Dublin novices last year and had a few placings in a few lower profile races like Docklands 5k . She suffered a bad hip injury after the Dub Novices last year and only returned to racing at the National 10k where she signalled that she was back and training well. (12th place). Thereafter she raced regularly winning a number of races in Longford. She also ran strongly in the Minimarathon. (10th) . An excellent victory in the Longford Half showed her range of talent. ( she never ran more than 12 miles in training before clocking 84mins in her debut at the Half) . A great gerry Farnham run , the inter counties cc and of course Jingle Bells last week signalled that this girl has a lot of talent and will continue to develop for club and maybe even country. A great day for bros Pearse AC

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭carter10

pconn062 wrote: »
    Tobin wins the men's race??

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

Well, that was truly mental. Nothing more humbling than a race like that - especially if the road or track is your more natural home!

Despite the suffering, the conditions, course and competition made it a really great xc event yesterday.

That was one Great event and course, ran the novices men, what a series of hills , really tested you. Lot of changing pace up and down and flat sections ..as always the best rise to the top in Tobin and the other medallists. The only gripe was I had it clocked at 5.5km, if Im right a fair way short of distance??? ( shouldnt be wearing a garmin I know in XC but ...!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

RayCun wrote: »
    Damn right!

+1 :D

Michelle is a class act and so humble. The club is so proud of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

Some finish from her, so far ahead of 2nd. I was like wtf when she ran by. Any of yee actually run yesterday. I had a nice run. Some standard in it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Green and Gold

drquirky wrote: »
    Is that a serious statement? You lads don't even have 1 fella who can run faster than McGee over 5k! Congrats to her btw great result!

Think Aidan Bourke or Liam Molloy from the club might prove you wrong on that one (both regular sub 17 min 5kers).....well done Michelle McGee flying the flag high for the Green and Gold of Bros Pearse at the weekend....

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭PVincent

Does anyone have any footage of the ladies race , or know where I might get it. Would be nice for our club to have some video of our first National C.C title as far as I know.

Mens is here or part of, maybe the same fellow would have taken ladies race on video too??
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRGrbODpd8U

Flotrack ireland do a lot of events on video, nothing up yet but may have been there.

http://ireland.flotrack.org/

Waterford AC were organising, may be another possibility.

Great run by her, she looked very strong and in a class apart .

Advertisement