Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is Santa bringing you gamers this year ? :D

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Consider the PS3 TV , only 1080p but 3D and 24inch.
    If you can find one in Smyths they are only 150 euro.

Wait, what? Only €150, really?

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭crybaby

Your not really actually giving your son a Playstation 4, a 3DS and a PS Vita plus numerous game are you? Jesus I would have gotten one of those things in your picture when I was a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Zelda a link between worlds, its now sitting under the xmas tree, it's been a few years since I've been excited about opening a xmas present :)
    Actually forget xmas day, can't wait for stephens day when I can play the game in peace :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

crybaby wrote: »
    Your not really actually giving your son a Playstation 4, a 3DS and a PS Vita plus numerous game are you? Jesus I would have gotten one of those things in your picture when I was a kid.

No, but his wife may think this...

"You spent how much!!!"
    "But it's for little Timmy."
    "Oh, ok then I suppose."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

GTR63 wrote: »
    I notice you bought Zelda: A link between worlds seperately as well as the DLC code in the 3DS XL bundle.

Yeah I sold off the download code, so the physical version cost me little or nothing. Much prefer collecting physical games, especially when it's Zelda related.
    crybaby wrote: »

The PS4 is the main present, the 3DS XL I got because I sold off some arcade cabs that were going unused, & the Vita I got when extra vision were doing them for €150, & that was funded by selling off a Jtagged Xbox 360 which was going unused. The NSMB U is courtesy of an honoured HMV voucher, Rayman Legends courtesy of an Amazon Lightning Deal for Black friday...so while it looks like a lot, I shopped smartly & just reinvested money from sold off stuff.
    nesf wrote: »

"You spent how much!!!"
    "Oh, ok then I suppose."

I suppose I could do what society accepts & spend a fortune on drink & cigarettes. I think my way is more fun though :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

"You spent how much!!!"
    "Oh, ok then I suppose."

Voice of experience? :)

There's not actually a huge amount of stuff out now or soon that appeals to me. I've been meaning to pick up Sir, You Are Being Hunted, and I'll have to get my hands on the XCom expansion, but no other big names are making me excited that aren't Kickstarters due out some time next year.

Myrddin wrote: »
    I suppose I could do what society accepts & spend a fortune on drink & cigarettes. I think my way is more fun though :)

That's my excuse too. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

Zelda 3dsxl edition. Got it on launch day and promised myself id keep it for christmas day, cant believe i havent opened it yet! never had a ds so picked up a few old games like mario 64, resi evil 1 along with some 3ds games zelda oot and mario 3d land. Cant wait for christmas now, my first nintendo christmas since the 64!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

da gamer wrote: »
    Cant wait for christmas now, my first nintendo christmas since the 64!

This is you isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Arrow.

Well, my mother didn't know what to get me....so I just said a 3DS XL with Mario Kart 7. I'm well into my 30's. I don't care. :D

Can't wait to download all the old school NES/SNES game and complete them....again!

Girlfriend probably won't buy me that PS4 though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

This is you isn't it?

Ha Ha thats class. i wasnt far off behaving like that young guy in fairness, goldeneye was played non stopped for months

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,616 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have Super Mario 3D World on the way but my son has Twilight Princess, Wind Waker HD and Disney Infinity on the way, all to be played on the WiiU, so I might have to play Mario when he finally goes to bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

I posted this in another forum, but it works here too! Here's the Xmas haul, for my son, I swear! :o

20i8a9z.jpg
    I cant wait to have kids, hopefully this year Ill knock some sucker up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

51ztVp%2B6oLL._SX385_.jpg

Also, Assassin's Creed: Black Flag and Lego: Marvel Superheroes. I refuse to play either one until I get the new monitor set up. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

kyub wrote: »
    51ztVp%2B6oLL._SX385_.jpg

Also, Assassin's Creed: Black Flag and Lego: Marvel Superheroes. I refuse to play either one until I get the new monitor set up. :)

what monitor is that?....we got the asus 27" mx279h....a real beauty.

Dell Ultrasharp U2713HM AH IPS 27 inch :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

But the PS4 wont benefit from 2560x1440 :confused:

The resolution only goes to 1080p and the PS4 wont upscale to 144o....so?
    Unless you want it as a PC gaming monitor?

The asus mx desino is AH IPS and 1080p, excellent 3w speakers....33o euro :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Getting The Last of Us, Hifiman RE-400s(IEMS) and LoTR book collection.

Tried to cash in on the 3DS and a few games but was told by the mother "I'm far too old for something like that" :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

*sings*

I'm getting noting for Christmas................mommy and daddy said sooooooooo

:(:'(

jenjenten wrote: »
    But the PS4 wont benefit from 2560x1440 :confused:

The resolution only goes to 1080p and the PS4 wont upscale to 144o....so?
    Unless you want it as a PC gaming monitor?

The asus mx desino is AH IPS and 1080p, excellent 3w speakers....33o euro :)

It's for PC gaming, yep. I don't have a PS4 and don't plan on getting one for quite a while. Too many PC games to play!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,109 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Same boat as Sephiroth_dude, too many in our family so only kids get presents and being single means i ain't getting anything. Come on Steam Sale so i can buy something i'll probably never play!

Oh, sorry, i forgot, secret santa at work and i got emergency undies and a willy warmer...

Oh, sorry, i forgot, secret santa at work and i got emergency undies and a willy warmer...

Beats the home vasectomy kit (elastic band and nail scissors) some of my friends game me for Christmas after my first child was born. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

You cant earn all Money in the world. All bills payed off and I need some Love for myself this Xmas. Not directly gaming wise, but I wanted it for ages. I just put an order for that.

10237-the-tower-of-orthanc.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

My sons gaming haul for xmas morning.
    I tried out the tv and it is a great screen for gaming.
    It will also do for his boxsets and USB media.
    Fifa 14 will also be added tomorrow,meanwhile its time to hide it all.

IMAG0180.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Lovely monitor , enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

My xmas started early as I couldnt be bothered re wrapping my Wii U.

I only opened it to do the hour long update. :rolleyes:

Got it with Rayman Legends, Lego City Undercover, Nintendo Land and Batman Arkam Origins.

So far played Rayman mostly and loving it. Really is a fantastic platformer.

Played a bit of Lego City - its good but the framerate is poor unfortunately and the loading, dear god the loading.

Havent even opened the other two yet but will probably have opened them prior to xmas.

One that will definately be under the tree is Tearaway for the Vita that my wife has kindly bought for me.

oh oh and nearly forgot.. Mario 3D World is on its way from Zavvi. In fairness I doubt that'll make under the tree either as the missus is really looking forward to it.

If I was to ask Santa for one thing its what a few others have said and thats time to play all these wonderful games.

Seriously the backlog is ridiculous at this stage. Glad I sold my old PSP to fund the Vita. Need clear out the unused for things that I will use.

So far the Vita and Wii U have been great as you dont need the TV, unlike my very underused 360.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Got myself a psp vista pack with 10 games and downloaded persona 4 golden. Thats christmas freetime sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Ordered myself a Vita with Tearaway, and have a few months PS+ games to play on it too. Hoping my incredibly unsubtle hints about the new Zelda that I've been dropping for months have been heard too!

I've been debating picking myself up this: http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/x52.html (Saitek x52 Pro Joystick + Throttle)

The issue is stopping there and not getting TrackIR and Rudder Pedals. :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

I've been debating picking myself up this: http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/x52.html (Saitek x52 Pro Joystick + Throttle)

The issue is stopping there and not getting TrackIR and Rudder Pedals. :/

That looks like it'd be unreaaaal for War Thunder!

Question for lads that'd have the Vita and a 3DS, which would you prefer? Gonna pick up a handheld shortly after Christmas, but cant decide which now!

Advertisement