Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Ferry to France (Launch Offer)

1242526272830»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,903 ✭✭✭✭L1011

BenEadir wrote: »
    I remember years and years ago when Ryanair were a new airline they had some dodgy East European aircraft and the only pilots they could find who were certified to fly them were Romanian. My facts might be slightly off kilter as it was 20-25 years ago but I recall being on the flight and passengers were freaking out that the pilots English was so poor when they did their greeting/announcement. They were afraid the pilots wouldn't be able to communicate with ATC and vice versa. Of course it wasn't an issue as I believe all pilots have to be ATC competent in English all over the world but then again if there was an emergency and you needed to rely on the pilots for instruction broken English in a Romanian accent probably wouldn't have helped matters.

They had ROMBAC 1-11, Romanian built BAC 1-11 models but there should have been no issues with finding type-rated pilots. Its more likely that the cost constraints of the time meant they could only afford pilots from cheaper countries. The BAC 1-11 was used by Aer Lingus and BA so there would have been plenty of pilots around.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

Wow this is the Bargain Alert that just keeps on giving and giving!

Advertisement