Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Data recovery.

Options
  • 13-12-2013 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Not 100% sure if this is the right place.

Anyway I have an old Nokia N91 that had some photos and videos that got deleted that i'd like to try and get back if possible. Can you recommend any software that would be able to do this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Luckydog69

Download and install this http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Hard-Disk-Utils/MiniTool-Power-Data-Recovery-Free-Edition.shtml if it recognises your phone initally there is a good chance it'll work, there is a 1GB limit on the free programme.
    If no joy with that try this one http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Back-Up-and-Recovery/Recuva.shtml .Hope it works for you:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭Duff

Neither of them seemed to work? Perhaps should've stated that I'm using OSX and not Windows.

EDIT: I got the videos extracted but now it won't let me play them as they are 3GP files. I did a search and it said the VLC player can play 3GP format, however when I go to play them on VLC it says it cannot locate the file even though I have the file extracted and saved in my documents.. Any ideas?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Duff wrote: »
    Neither of them seemed to work? Perhaps should've stated that I'm using OSX and not Windows.

EDIT: I got the videos extracted but now it won't let me play them as they are 3GP files. I did a search and it said the VLC player can play 3GP format, however when I go to play them on VLC it says it cannot locate the file even though I have the file extracted and saved in my documents.. Any ideas?

PhotoREC has Macintosh builds. Just make sure top copy the file over from the phone onto you Mac disk

Nick

Advertisement