Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEPA payment to non-Euro country.

Options
  • 13-12-2013 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,649 ✭✭✭✭
    Unregistered Users

One of my payees I'm making regular payments is located outside Euro zone (in EU country), but payees bank account is in Euro currency.

I had an option to choose what currency to use, until SEPA came and Euro option no longer exists.

It's really important to me to have that somehow resolved, can PM details alright.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi joujoujou,

Thanks for posting.

Can you please let us know what country this relates? We can then check this out for you.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 13,649 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

PM sent. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi joujoujou,

We received your pm thank you.

Your payee should be now converted to a SEPA payee. SEPA transactions are always executed in Euro so there will be no option to select a currency. Provided the payee in question is listed under SEPA Payees on 365 Online, any transfers you make will be made in Euro.

Thanks
    Tara

Unregistered Users

Hello.

Thanks for reply.

Just to let you know, payee mentioned has not been converted yet.

Do you need any other payee's details?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

joujoujou wrote: »
    Hello.

Thanks for reply.

Just to let you know, payee mentioned has not been converted yet.

Do you need any other payee's details?
    Hi joujoujou,

If you call Bank of Ireland 365 directly on 0818 365 365/ 00353 1 4044000 a representative will be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks

Seán

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

Hi joujoujou,

More clarification on your query.

With the SEPA changes made to Bank of Ireland  365 online, your particular payee was transferred over as an International Payee  so the only option is to send funds in the local currency.  To transfer in Euro you will need to add it again under the 'SEPA transfer payee' option.

Please see here for the daily rates.

Many thanks

Seán

Unregistered Users

[...]  To transfer in Euro you will need to add it again under the 'SEPA transfer payee' option.

[...]
    That works. Thank you very much. :)

Advertisement