Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Every night, I feel like The Doctor

• 13-12-2013 3:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

I thought I would share this with you guys, some of you might get a kick out of it. My three year old has a set of glow in the dark stars on her bedroom wall and ceiling. She loves how they light up after we turn off her bedroom lights at night. However, the glow of the stars fade after a couple of minutes, which is disappointing for her.

My ten year old daughter recently got a toy of the tenth Doctor's sonic screwdriver from Argos. It is supposed to have a pen on one end that writes in "invisible" ink that only shows up under UV light. There is no pen but that's not important right now. The blue light at the other end is actually a UV light, which is supposed to show the secret message you have written with the pen bit.

It occurred to me a while ago that I can use the UV light of the sonic screwdriver to "activate" the glow in the dark stars for my youngest daughter. So every night, my youngest asks me to "light up my stars, Daddy", at which point I shine the UV light of the sonic screwdriver on them, to increase the glow. So every night, I get to pretend I'm the Doctor, while I use the sonic screwdriver to "fix" the stars! The sonic screwdriver even makes the proper sounds from the show! :)

Try it out for yourself, it's one of my favourite parts of the day. The screwdriver is €12 in Argos and the glow stars are in most arts and hobbies shops for a few euro.

Advertisement