Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

google

Options
  • 13-12-2013 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

hi on google news page the pictures are being blocked.
    i've got windows xp.
    i have to click twice on "display blocked content" before the pictures will show.
    when i go out of the page & go back again i have the same problem.
    any comments or advice please.
    thanks
    toni

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭coolvale

any help on this issue.please

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

What web browser are you using, is it up to date? What anti virus software are you using? Have you run virus/malware scans?

Nick

i'm using microsoft internet explorer 8. updated.
    avg free anti virus 2014.
    this only happened recently. i have been using the above with a long time without problems.
    i have done a system recovery but i still have the problem.
    thanks

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

coolvale wrote: »
    i'm using microsoft internet explorer 8. updated.
    avg free anti virus 2014.
    this only happened recently. i have been using the above with a long time without problems.
    i have done a system recovery but i still have the problem.
    thanks

Does the issue still happen on other web browsers (try Chrome or Firefox)? Also in IE go to Tools>Addons and disable any AVG related addons and see if it helps. Also disable any addons other than the likes of Flash, Silverlight etc. You can try Safe Mode which will do this automatically for you. Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>click on Internet Explorer (No Addons)

Nick

nick google news page is ok using google chrome.
    i tried what you suggested but no good.
    toni

• Advertisement
Advertisement