Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3g Network

Options
  • 13-12-2013 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

The 3G Network dropped off yesterday, emobile told me they had issues with the internet within the Dublin area, 32 hours later I still dont have 3g access. I moved carriers less than two months ago to emobile and this is the first time Ive ever encountered problems like this since having a 3g capable phone.

I have been told that my case has been sent to a tech team, but Im pretty disappointed at present. Its a massive inconvenience, I had to phone numerous times and undertake the same tasks to try and get back onto the network.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

trevpowa wrote: »
    The 3G Network dropped off yesterday, emobile told me they had issues with the internet within the Dublin area, 32 hours later I still dont have 3g access. I moved carriers less than two months ago to emobile and this is the first time Ive ever encountered problems like this since having a 3g capable phone.

I have been told that my case has been sent to a tech team, but Im pretty disappointed at present. Its a massive inconvenience, I had to phone numerous times and undertake the same tasks to try and get back onto the network.
    Hi trevpowa,

Sorry to hear you were experiencing issues with your mobile data. Could you advise if you were able to get this resolved? If not could you PM me your mobile number number and PIN I can look into this for you.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 2 trevpowa

Hi Grainne,

Thanks for coming back to me, I had to open up a series of tickets. Yesterday I figured out the cause of the problem myself. I had be told the correct settings for celluar data should include the APN details data.emobile.ie. I googled the emobile APN number and it should in actual fact be data.eircom.ie.

When I rang yesterday I was told that the ticket I opened originally had been closed even though at that time the issue had not been resolved. I find this annoying as I was without any 3g network for up to 4 days and this would have continued if I hadn't figured out the issue myself. Its not a good start to a contract with emobile. I moved because the price difference from the other carrier was significantly different but surely its not worth it if the service is lacking.

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

trevpowa wrote: »
    Hi Grainne,

Thanks for coming back to me, I had to open up a series of tickets. Yesterday I figured out the cause of the problem myself. I had be told the correct settings for celluar data should include the APN details data.emobile.ie. I googled the emobile APN number and it should in actual fact be data.eircom.ie.

When I rang yesterday I was told that the ticket I opened originally had been closed even though at that time the issue had not been resolved. I find this annoying as I was without any 3g network for up to 4 days and this would have continued if I hadn't figured out the issue myself. Its not a good start to a contract with emobile. I moved because the price difference from the other carrier was significantly different but surely its not worth it if the service is lacking.
    I sincerely apologise those settings were not given to you trevpowa,

The agent you spoke to in customer care should definitely have checked this with you.

Grainne

Advertisement