Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Speed

Options
  • 13-12-2013 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

I just got 70MB Broadband with Vodafone and Im only getting like 4.74mb on speedtest.net i no are phone lines arent the best in are area but i should defently be getting higher then that what could be the problem ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ryanch09

Do you know how far you are from your nearest telephone exchange? That affects speed quite a bit, but it most likely is the quality of the line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Ring them you may have not been upgraded to fiber

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

when using speedtest, try a few different hosts, and see what your speed averages, some of the hosts are downright useless.

Do you know anyone else in the area that has same broadband, ask them what there speeds are.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭LukeyKid

johndoe99 wrote: »
    when using speedtest, try a few different hosts, and see what your speed averages, some of the hosts are downright useless.

Do you know anyone else in the area that has same broadband, ask them what there speeds are.

What do you mean telephone exchange ?, and no i no i ain't getting the 70 MB because we don't have fiber in are area yet, but it was slow then what i usually had anyways but i think that was just just bad signal or something its after speeding up a fair bit now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

LukeyKid wrote: »
    What do you mean telephone exchange ?, and no i no i ain't getting the 70 MB because we don't have fiber in are area yet, but it was slow then what i usually had anyways but i think that was just just bad signal or something its after speeding up a fair bit now :)

i didn't mention telephone exchange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

LukeyKid wrote: »

Eh? How could you have signed up to 70MB broadband as you say in your original post, if you haven't got fibre in your area?

Advertisement